This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

"Page number only" placeholder?

Got questions about Citavi 4? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

"Page number only" placeholder?

Postby aanon » 2013-05-15 13:21

System information: [ Citavi Version 4.0, -, -, -, -, - ]

Sorry to be flooding the board with questions...

There are sometimes instances where I would just like to insert a page number (for example, after direct quotes when I am writing at length about a particular article). Is it possible to achieve this using placeholders, or do you advise just to type in the page number directly?

All things being equal, I would see it as preferable to use a placeholder just in case different citation styles format page numbers differently.

I had a look at your "advanced placeholder options" page but was unable to see this case addressed there. Apologies if I am missing something obvious.

Regards,

aanon
aanon

Re: "Page number only" placeholder?

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-05-15 15:06

Hi aanon,

No need to apologize! We're glad to help!

Although there is no direct option for this in Citavi, you can add a template in your citation style to the rule set for in-text citations (under Template > New). Then, under Conditions based on switches inside the placeholder select Placeholder has "/option1" or "/opt1" and click OK:

When you want to insert your reference in Word, select Insert advanced. Then, enter your page number (if necessary). Under Format option select 1:

Please let us know if you run into any trouble or have any questions!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby aanon » 2013-05-16 00:16

Thanks Jennifer,

I wonder whether the same result is achievable without using the Word plugin? I do not have Citavi working with Word yet*, and generally work in Scrivener for most writing anyway.

Regards,

aanon

*My computer has some problem with Citavi and other applications recognising Word 2010. I think it is related to having previously installed and uninstalled Word 2013. I've been through all the steps at your help page (http://service.citavi.com/KB/a199/citav ... -word.aspx), but the issue persists. When I have enough time, I may reinstall Windows and start again from scratch to see if I can resolve the problem that way.
aanon

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-05-16 09:26

Hi aanon,

If you are working with the Publication Assistant you can use this option as well. Just add " /option1" to the placeholder (for example: {Smith 2010 #123: 33 /option1}).

Sorry to hear about your problems getting Citavi and Word to work together! The problem could certainly have something to do with the deinstallation of Word 2013. I assume you've already been in contact with us regarding these issues and have sent log files, etc.?

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby skittle » 2013-05-29 12:25

Jennifer Schultz wrote:Hi aanon,

No need to apologize! We're glad to help!

Although there is no direct option for this in Citavi, you can add a template in your citation style to the rule set for in-text citations (under Template > New). Then, under Conditions based on switches inside the placeholder select Placeholder has "/option1" or "/opt1" and click OK:

Hi Jennifer,

What does it mean if the Template > New menu item is greyed out? I tried to implement this today. I copied the default style I used, then edited it, but the New menu item is greyed out.
skittle

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-05-30 10:36

Hi skittle,

Thanks for your question! Where are you seeing the text "New menu item"? I wasn't able to find this in the Template Conditions window.

If you want, you can send us your style and we'd be happy to add this option for you!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby skittle » 2013-05-30 12:00

Hi,

Yep, I was referring to the "Template > New" menu item - that is greyed out for me.

From Reference Editor:
Citation > Citationstyle > Edit Citation style
[New window appears]
Edit (the defautly selected style is one I want to edit)
[ Citavi Citation Style Editor window appears]
Template > New <- this is greyed out.

I've added the style file so you can see if there is anything that might cause this.
Attachments
Citavi Basis-Stil w-just-page.ccs
Base style ready for editing to include just the page option
(738.49 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
skittle

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-05-30 13:37

Hi skittle,

Thanks for the explanation! You have to first click on an existing template before this option is active:

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Michael Wittig » 2015-05-18 10:30

Hallo,
könnten Sie den Weg bitte auch einmal kurz in deutscher Sprache beschreiben. Ic hfinde nicht genau, wo ich was finde und einrichten kann. Ich benutze Citavi 3. Ist die se Option pageonly in einer höheren Citavi Version schon dabei?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Michael Wittig
Michael Wittig

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2015-05-18 15:07

Hallo Herr Wittig,

vielen Dank für Ihre Frage! Die Optionen-Schalter gibt es erst ab Citavi 4. Um den Schalter in Citavi 4 oder Citavi 5 einzubauen, würden Sie ähnlich vorgehen, wie im folgenden Beitrag beschrieben:
viewtopic.php?f=156&t=9196&p=30441

Eine "pageonly"-Option gibt es leider auch in Citavi 5 nicht.

Freundliche Grüsse
Jennifer Schultz
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 4 Support (English)