This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Citavi 4 beta: "project was created with a later version" Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Citavi 4 beta: "project was created with a later version"

Postby aanon » 2013-04-09 00:33

System information: [ -, Windows 8, English, Other browser, MS Office 2010 32Bit, - ]

I have been working for a couple of days in Citavi 4 Beta (3.9.18.0). Suddenly today I cannot open my main project file!

I get an error saying: "this project was created with a later version of Citavi and cannot be opened". The file has a .ctv4 extension.

What could be the issue here? How can I get my project back? I have tried repairing the Citavi 4 Beta installation, and also reinstalling the program, to no avail.

Aanon
aanon

Re: Citavi 4 beta: "project was created with a later version

Postby aanon » 2013-04-09 01:29

I have now solved this by installing a newer version of the Citavi 4 Beta (3.9.19.0). Seems the problem was caused by me opening the project in version 3.9.19.0 on another computer and then later trying to open it in version 3.9.18.0 on this computer.

I was surprised to find that these two slightly different versions of the Citavi 4 Beta generated incompatible files. Nonetheless, happy that the problem seems to be solved now.
aanon

Re: Citavi 4 beta: "project was created with a later version  Topic is solved

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2013-04-09 10:24

Hello Aanon,

that is correct. In the preview and beta phase, such changes can occur in order to improve performance and add new functionality.

Best regards
Patrick

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)