This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Display contributions as child elements of edited books

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Display contributions as child elements of edited books

Postby erleuterix » 2012-03-08 18:55

Hi Citavi team,

I just started using Citavi.

I love the user interface and that is a compliment, as I am a usability engineer and I do see a lot of UIs in my daily work. Just one question:

I am using a number of edited books in my research, from which I am using a lot of different single contributions. Right now, Citavi displays a list that contains both the edited books and the single chapters as if they were the same kind of thing, and it does not arrange their order in a reasonable way (for example, contributions both on top of and under the main title). In order to orient myself in the list of references, I would like to have a graphical representation that shows the parent-child relation of the different contributions respectively to the edited book. All that would be necessary is that Citavi sorts all contributions under the parent book and indents them. I assume that if I could get this effect by categorizing the work but this seems an unnecessary hassle, as Citavi already has got the necessary linking information.

Best Regards
Erleuterix
erleuterix

Re: Display contributions as child elements of edited books

Postby gcoulthard » 2012-03-10 22:18

Yes, I agree, that would be a nice feature; however, wouldn't it also be interesting to see the papers attached to a particular conference as well? A visual cue for any parent-child relationships would be helpful.
-- Glen
gcoulthard

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2012-03-13 15:11

Dear Erleuterix and Glen,

A basic form of this feature is now available via the following Add-On: Sort by Parent and Child References.

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby piotrsmolnicki » 2016-11-12 15:45

Antonio Tejada wrote:Dear Erleuterix and Glen,

A basic form of this feature is now available via the following Add-On: Sort by Parent and Child References.

Regards,
Antonio

Dear Citavi Stuff,

Is it possible the parent-child sorting appear in Citavi? Unfortunately when I tried the Add-On I didn't succeed.

Best Regards,
Piotr M. Smolnicki
piotrsmolnicki

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-11-15 11:38

Hi, Piotr,

the Add-On in its current form only works with Citavi 3 and 4, not with Citavi 5. I'll have a look if it can be made compatible with Citavi 5 without too many changes.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Return to Wish List