This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Compilation of Bibliography in word: DIFFERENT DRAFTS Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Re: Compilation of Bibliography in word: DIFFERENT DRAFTS

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2012-01-04 16:53

Hi Sara,

Sorry to keep you waiting -- no news yet. :(

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby je1188 » 2012-02-02 03:02

Dear Antonio,

I am about to start a new project with different co-authors and we will be making in-text citations. Therefore, I would like to ask you about the time-line for releasing the Add-In for Word that will allow citations like (Author Year) as opposed to {Author Year #101}. Unfortunately, I will have to seriously think about unsubscribing from Citavi if this Add-in is not released soon, since the current placeholders make it hard for counting words (for journal publication) and is very unintuitive for people who use other citation programs.

I really appreciate your customer service, and that is part of the reason why I have been waiting for this add-in for so long (as you can see from our previous conversations).
Best,
Sari
je1188

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2012-02-03 13:41

Hi Sari,

Thanks for following up with us. Although we still don't have a date, the plan is for the Word Add-In to be released as part of the alpha version of Citavi 4. Again, this shouldn't be too much longer, but most likely will not be in the next month or two. I'm guessing that if you're starting a new project that might be a little too long to wait.

I wish I had better news for you!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby je1188 » 2012-02-03 15:18

Dear Jennifer,

I appreciate your sincere answer. Can I expect the alpha version of Citavi 4 to be released in April?

Best,

Sari
je1188

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2012-02-07 11:14

Dear Sari,

Please understand that we don't publish release dates, as they are subject to change. You can subscribe to the beta forum (http://www.citavi.com/beta) to be notified of new betas (or other previews, such as alphas) automatically.

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby je1188 » 2012-10-20 20:05

Hi,

I have now updated to the newest Citavi version and I was wondering whether you have included in this version the Add-In for Word that will allow citations like (Author Year) as opposed to {Author Year #101} (see our long discussion above for details). If so, how is the procedure to start citing in a way that avoids "#101".

Thanks,

Sari
je1188

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2012-10-21 11:00

Hi Sari,

the Word Add-In ist included in Citavi 4 Preview 2. At least two more previews are likely to be released before the beta.
You can download it here to have a look: viewforum.php?f=16

Best regards,
Patrick

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Postby je1188 » 2013-01-13 18:36

Hi,

I understand that the Add-In for Word that will allow citations like (Author Year) as opposed to {Author Year #101} (see our long discussion above for details) is still in Preview version (Citavi 4). I was wondering if:

1) when Citavi 4 is released, I will be able to convert {Author Year #101} from Citavi 3 to (Author Year), without formatting the publication (to compile the bibliography)

2) you had a release date for Citavi 4 update

Thanks,

Sari
je1188

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2013-01-14 17:11

Hello Sari,

yes, you will be able to convert texts with placeholders to be used with the Word Addon.
Unfortunately I cannot give you a definite release date yet, but the dish is steaming hot. It is already very tasty and nearly ready to be served, but we still have to add some spices and herbs and let it cool just a little.
In other words, Preview 3 should come out soon.

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Postby je1188 » 2013-04-04 21:32

Hi,

Are there any news on the Add-In for Word that will allow for citations to automatically appear as (Author Year) rather than {Author Year #101}? Please refer to our long discussion above.

Thanks,

Sari
je1188

PreviousNext

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)