This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Table View and Columns for Quotations, Summary, Comment, etc Topic is solved

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Table View and Columns for Quotations, Summary, Comment, etc

Postby hnizam23 » 2018-01-24 17:37

Greetings,

Hi, I found that the 'Table View' of references really helpful (when export it to Microsoft Excel) for the literature review and systematic review writing preparation.

Therefore, I appreciate if the field column in the Table View will be available for the field like Quotations, Summary, Comments, Red highlight, etc. (i.e: Knowledge/annotations items field). So that we can select and add the preferred 'knowledge/annotations items' column in the table and can see all list of the saved quotations, annotations, summary or red highlighted article sentences in the table view / excel table view format. (However, if this option is already exist, please guide me).

I think this such great feature will make much more easier for user to get the whole picture of knowledge/annotations that picks from the articles/references, since everything can be viewed simultaneously in one table form.

Thank You
hnizam23

Re: Table View and Columns for Quotations, Summary, Comment,

Postby Damien Reddy » 2018-01-25 13:42

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Adding knowledge items such as quotations to the table view is not possible due to technical reasons. However, if you let us know exactly what outcome you are trying to achieve, we may be able to suggest a workaround.

Kind regards,
Damien
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Re: Table View and Columns for Quotations, Summary, Comment,

Postby hnizam23 » 2018-01-29 10:54

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Since Citavi can produce the information of the references in one table (Table View feature), it will be more beneficial and powerful if the feature also can include the saved knowledge items/quotations. Especially for the purpose to create the systematic review or critical literature review outline.

For your information, ‘Literature Review’ is one of the compulsory chapter in our postgraduate thesis or research proposal for fund application. For this time being, the common practice way to generate the table in MS Excel is manually by ‘copy & paste’ method. But it will take a lot of time and difficulties when involves hundreds of references.

Thank you in advance for your kind consideration.

Best regards,
Hairul
hnizam23

Re: Table View and Columns for Quotations, Summary, Comment,  Topic is solved

Postby Damien Reddy » 2018-01-30 17:11

Dear Hairul,

Thank you for your follow-up.

Unfortunately, there is no workaround that will output the kind of table that you describe. We agree that it could prove useful, and should more of our users request it, we will gladly add it to our internal development wishlist. However, currently all of our resources are focused on releasing Citavi 6 and developing Citavi Web.

Kind regards,
Damien

Did we answer your question to your satisfaction? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find solutions to their questions.
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Wish List