This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Grouping Overlapping Themes and Ideas Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Grouping Overlapping Themes and Ideas

Postby iara » 2018-01-19 05:32

System information: [ -, -, -, -, -, - ]

Is there an efficient method in Citavi to combine overlapping ideas found in multiple texts? I know that quotations are stored in relation to the reference they are taken from, so they cannot be combined. But I presume other users must want to condense multiple quotations into one statement prior to importing the text into Word.

He is a very simple example of what I want to do:

Author 1: Water from melting snow increase nutrients and moisture in dry areas.

Author 2: A snow pack acts as a temporal water storage in tundras.

Core Statement: Snow benefits areas that are otherwise moisture limited (Author 1; Author 2).

Rather than import quotations into Word separately, I want to create a common core statement that can be linked to their sources. Then, when I import the core statement into Word I know which sources relate to the statement.

Is there an efficient way to do this? How are others working with themes and ideas rather than individual quotations?

Thanks
iara

Re: Grouping Overlapping Themes and Ideas  Topic is solved

Postby Damien Reddy » 2018-01-22 11:38

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Currently it is only possible to link a knowledge item to a single reference. You could, however, add a reference to another title within or at the end of a given knowledge item. After you insert it via the Word Add-In, use it to look up the other title in Word’s Citavi tab and insert it as well, to create a multiple citation.

It would be convenient to have both titles linked to the same category. Once you’ve inserted all titles, you can delete the reference to them from your knowledge item.

Kind regards,
Damien

Did we answer your question to your satisfaction? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find solutions to their questions.
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Re: Grouping Overlapping Themes and Ideas

Postby iara » 2018-01-24 06:11

Thanks, Damien. I will try that.
iara

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)