This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Exporting from Citavi to Endnote with pdfs attached

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Exporting from Citavi to Endnote with pdfs attached

Postby slaterish » 2017-10-07 11:28

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.x Beta, Windows 10, English, Firefox 43 or newer, MS Office 2016, Acrobat DC ]

Very quick question: I need to export a subset of a Citavi project to Endnote to share with some colleagues who do not have Citavi.

I want to export with .pdfs and other files attached, so they get an Endnote library with pdfs.

When I export (from either C5 or C6 Beta 3) pdfs are not attached – is there no way of doing this? I’m filtering out up to a couple of hundred records, each with .pdf, so clearly can’t do this manually.

best

don
slaterish

Re: Exporting from Citavi to Endnote with pdfs attached

Postby Damien Reddy » 2017-10-13 10:15

Dear Don,

Thank you for your inquiry, which helped us locate a bug in our current releases.

Please try using the following workaround until we've fixed the issue:

File > This Project > Save a copy of this project ... > Create local project copy

Exporting to Endnote from the local copy should include all PDFs.Please note that it isn't possible to export your knowledge items to an Endnote library.

You could, however, save your quotations and notes as a compilation as described in this chapter in our manual.

Best regards
Damien
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)