This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Citation style name Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Citation style name

Postby bcoppens » 2017-09-22 15:12

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.0-5.6, Windows 10, English, Internet Explorer 10-11, MS Office 2016, Acrobat DC ]

How can I change the name of a custom citation style? Is editing the .css file the only way to do it?
bcoppens

Re: Citation style name

Postby Sonja_Schwab » 2017-09-22 18:00

If you open your custom citation style in the style editor you can save it under a new name:
Style_save.jpg
Sonja_Schwab
Citavi Expert

Postby Sonja_Schwab » 2017-09-22 19:18

My apologies, I only saw now that you had asked a similar question before, and you are already aware of the 'Save as' option. So I guess that's not what you are looking for. As far as I know, there is no 'Rename citation style'. So either you edit the .css file, or you save it under a new name as discribed and delete the old style if you don't want to have several copies lying around.
Kind regards
Sonja
Sonja_Schwab
Citavi Expert

Re: Citation style name  Topic is solved

Postby Damien Reddy » 2017-09-25 13:41

Dear bcoppens,

Thank you for your inquiry.

You can change the name of a citation style by opening it in a text editor (e.g. Notepad). The name will be listed in line 16.

Kind regards,
Damien

Did we answer your question to your satisfaction? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find solutions to their questions.
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Postby bcoppens » 2017-09-25 17:06

Would be great to be able to do that in the "citation style properties" window
bcoppens

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)