This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Citavi word add-in doesn't open the assigned project Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Citavi word add-in doesn't open the assigned project

Postby Maximus812 » 2017-09-14 16:26

System information: [ -, -, -, -, -, - ]

Hello!
I have the same problem as described in this thread https://support.citavi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=163&t=18163
The only difference is that I use a normal version of Citavi (not beta) .The version of Citavi and word add-in are 5.6.0.2, the Word is 2016.
Is it possible to fix the problem by myself or I should send project file to you?

Thanks in advance.
Maximus812

Re: Citavi word add-in doesn't open the assigned project  Topic is solved

Postby Damien Reddy » 2017-09-15 13:04

Hello!

Thank you for reporting this error, and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

We recently released a new beta version for Citavi in which this error was resolved. To install the beta version, download the Setup from http://www.citavi.com/beta-download

Your documents, projects, and settings will not be affected by the installation of the beta version.

These changes will also be available in the next Citavi update, which we hope to release soon.

Kind regards,
Damien
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Re: Citavi word add-in doesn't open the assigned project

Postby Maximus812 » 2017-09-15 16:37

Damien Reddy wrote:Hello!
We recently released a new beta version for Citavi in which this error was resolved.
Kind regards,
Damien

Dear Damien!
Thank you for quick answer. Unfortunately, installing new beta version didn't help. I've noticed that I have this problem only with one project, if I reassign another project to MS Word file - everything works good. May be something is wrong with the project?

Kind regards,
Maxim
Maximus812

Postby Maximus812 » 2017-09-18 07:15

I've also tried to do all mentioned with new Citavi 6 beta and new word add-in. Still no effect. So it must be something wrong with the project file.
Maximus812

Postby Damien Reddy » 2017-09-18 16:56

Dear Maxim,

Thank you for your reply.

It is likely that there is a duplicate entry in one of the list fields. You could either try to search for the duplicate entry yourself and merge it, or send us your project file and let us try to help you with it.

To transfer the files, please use our secure upload service. So that we can match the files to the issue, please put the address of this page in the message field.

Kind regards,
Damien

Did we answer your question to your satisfaction? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find solutions to their questions.
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Maximus812 » 2017-09-18 22:55

Dear Damien, thank you. I followed your recomendations and cleared lists from duplicates, but it didn't help. Maybe I missed something for it's not very easy to find duplicates manually. I gave up and sent the project file to you. I've spent so much time trying to solve the issue(
Hope you can help.
Best regards,
Maxim
Maximus812

Postby Maximus812 » 2017-09-20 11:43

Dear Damien,
thank you for your help! The problem is solved.
There was a duplicate entry and an unrecognised symbol in the library list. After deleting this fields Citavi word add on works properly.

Best regards,
Maxim K.
Maximus812

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)