This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Formatting issue with quotations Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Formatting issue with quotations

Postby Marcin.Krygier » 2017-08-16 19:25

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.6, Windows 7, Other language, Firefox 43 or newer, MS Office 2013/365 64Bit, Acrobat 9 ]

Ok, I have another problem. Every now and then, when I add direct quotations to a Citavi entry, sometimes it comes out not in the default font as specified in the preferences, but in what looks to be Courier New. This phenomenon is as far as I can tell random, and sometimes can be fixed by editing the quotation, or cutting and pasting its contents. Is there any way of fixing this?

Below the first quotation is ok, while the next two have this weird formatting issue.
Attachments
courier.png
Marcin.Krygier

Re: Formatting issue with quotations

Postby Damien Reddy » 2017-08-17 13:05

Dear Marcin,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Might I ask how you are adding the citations? By highlighting the passage and then clicking Direct quotation, or by copying and pasting text manually?

If you are copying and pasting, does pasting into Word give you the same result?

Irrespective of the cause, you can resets all formatting, except bold, italic, text color, tables, and indents, by pressing Ctrl+Spacebar when typing in the text field of citations.

Best regards,
Damien

Did we answer your question to your satisfaction? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find solutions to their questions.
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Marcin.Krygier » 2017-08-17 17:43

Dear Damien,

Thank you for your prompt response, as always.

I usually copy the text from the PDF in the panel on the left, and then paste it into the quotation field. I have just tried your method and it produces exactly the same effect. Pasting into Word produces a correctly formatted text. The Ctrl-Spacebar combination does not work for some reason.

Sometimes, but not always, the following works - delete the text of the quotation & save, type sth into the window & save, paste the quotation between the typed letters and save, delete the extra stuff and save. Sometimes typing something after the quotation also fixes formatting.
Marcin.Krygier

Re: Formatting issue with quotations  Topic is solved

Postby Damien Reddy » 2017-08-18 11:38

Dear Marcin,

Thank you for your reply.

Did you perhaps change the default text style for formattable text fields at some point in the past?

Please try reverting back to the default options under Tools > Options > Formatting > Default text style for formattable text fields (screenshot)

To change the text style for knowledge items that were already saved, you would have to use our macro Reformat All Knowledge-Items.

Please see this webpage for download links to the macro and detailed instructions on implementing it:
https://service.citavi.com/kb/a529/5003 ... items.aspx

Kind regards,
Damien

Did we answer your question to your satisfaction? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find solutions to their questions.
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Marcin.Krygier » 2017-08-20 13:14

Dear Damien,

Thank you very much once again.

I did change the default settings as I need a larger font to work with. You macro did the trick and everything is now properly formatted.

Can I use the macro to change the font size across the board the same way? I guess I would have to change the value in this line:

int fontSize = 9

and run the macro again, is that right?

best,
Marcin
Marcin.Krygier

Postby Damien Reddy » 2017-08-21 12:59

Dear Marcin,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, changing the value and then compiling and running the macro will affect your project accordingly.

Kind regards,
Damien

Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Marcin.Krygier » 2017-08-23 08:27

Thank you very much!
Marcin.Krygier

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)