This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Citation Style - what am I doing wrong Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 4? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Citation Style - what am I doing wrong

Postby el.karol » 2016-10-29 23:42

System information: [ Citavi Version 4.0-4.4, Windows 10, Other language, Google Chrome, MS Office 2013/365 32Bit, - ]

Please help me with quotqtions.

I want to qoute my references in citation style of "Przegląd Historyczny" (polish journal about history), so im choosing it in citavi, but it doesent change citation style in my text.

I want this result:
Szolc, Anna: title London 1993 p. 13.

and i get this:
{Szolc 33 #790D: 13}

on the movie below yo can see what im doing. Can you tell me what am I doing wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlulqJM ... e=youtu.be
el.karol

Re: Citation Style - what am I doing wrong

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-10-31 13:42

Hi, el.karol,

it appears that you don't have Citavi's Word Add-In installed. Would you please check the solutions in our manual to find out, why the Citavi ribbon doesn't appear in Word?

Once the Add-In is visible, you can use the Add-In to insert new references and also to convert the placeholders {Szolc 33 #790D: 13} into Citavi fields.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
[size=85]
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby el.karol » 2016-11-14 01:57

Thanks,

But if I already have Citavi 4 installed how can I add Word Add?

I've installed Citavi 5 free version with Word Add, but as I understand, Citavi 5 Word Ad don't "see" Citavi 4 projects. Is it correct?

If so, is there still somwhere citavi 4 setup.exe to download, so I could install Word Ad in Citavi 4 version?
el.karol

Re: Citation Style - what am I doing wrong  Topic is solved

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-11-14 15:06

Hi, el.karol,

The Citavi 5 Word Add-In can't be used for Citavi 4 projects. Please proceed as follows:

Uninstall the Citavi 5 Word Add-In:

1. Switch to the Windows Control Panel.
2. Click "Programs and features".
3. Select "Citavi 5".
4. Click "Change". The Citavi Setup starts.
5. Click "Next".
6. Select "Modify" and then click "Next" again.
7. Click the hard drive symbol next to "Word Add-In" and then select "This feature, and all subfeatures, will not be available". Click "Next" and continue through the Setup.

Uninstall (if installed) and re-install the Citavi 4 Word Add-In
1. Switch to the Windows Control Panel.
2. Click "Programs and features".
3. Select "Citavi 4".
4. Click "Change". The Citavi Setup starts.
5. Click "Next".
6. Select "Modify" and then click "Next" again.
7. Click the hard drive symbol next to "Word Add-In" and then select "This feature, and all subfeatures, will not be available". Click "Next" and continue through the Setup.
8. Repeat steps 4-8, but select "This feature, and all subfeatures, will be installed on local hard drive" instead.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby el.karol » 2016-11-14 23:03

Great it works, thanks,

I was wrong at first thinking that Citavi fields are the bibliography,

thanks once again
el.karol

Return to Citavi 4 Support (English)