This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Updage Mindmap articles relationship Topic is solved

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Updage Mindmap articles relationship

Postby Glorfindel » 2016-08-29 14:07

Dear Citavi developers,

is there an update in terms of this request?

https://support.citavi.com/forum/viewto ... 457#p35292

Its about a mindmap showing articles relationship in a "tree of articles". If this feature is still not implemented, is there a way to do an export to FreeMind to show this kind of mindmap?

Thanks for your great work so far :)
Glorfindel

Re: Updage Mindmap articles relationship

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-08-29 16:29

Dear Glorfindel,

Thanks for your question! This feature has not yet been implemented, and it may be awhile before we can take a closer look at it since our developers are currently focusing on Citavi Web.

However, it is possible to export a category system to FreeMind by following the steps in our manual:
http://www.citavi.com/sub/manual5/en/index.html?working_with_mind_mapping_software.html

Please just let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Glorfindel » 2016-08-29 16:49

Dear Jennifer,

thank you for the fast respons. I hope that this feature gets implemented in the future. The problem in my case is that i need to get all the connections depending on the year, the content and the "development" of the literature. Do you have any other Idea how to make this work in citavi?

Regards, Glorfindel
Glorfindel

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-08-30 07:19

Dear Glorfinkel,

Thanks very much for your response! I suppose you could create an upper-level category for each thing that you're tracing. Could you perhaps explain your use case a little further? For example, how would you be tracing the development of the literature? This will help me create a better user story for our wish list for new features.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Glorfindel » 2016-09-02 10:43

Dear Jennifer,

I would like to create a "tree of articles" in the following way: Every reference (article, paper ...) is a node in the "graph". The "reference is linked to ..." would then be the edges connection the nodes. Furthermore this graph could be sorted by years to creat somthing like a "literature connection over time tree". So on top is the oldest paper and below are the next papers with edges to the referenced papers and so on.

Regards, Glorfindel
Glorfindel

Re: Updage Mindmap articles relationship  Topic is solved

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-09-02 13:17

Dear Glorfindel,

Thanks for the additional explanation! This is definitely not possible yet in Citavi, but I'll add your description to the new user story I'll create for our wish list. I can see how such a graphical representation would be useful. Hopefully we can add visualization options like this in a future version.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Glorfindel » 2016-09-02 14:22

Dear Jennifer,

Thanks alot. I am looking forward to the point where this option gets implemented :D

So have a nice day and best regards,
Glorfindel
Glorfindel

Return to Wish List