This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Citavi 4 after Windows 10 update

Got questions about Citavi 4? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Citavi 4 after Windows 10 update

Postby kircher@inwind.it » 2015-11-12 15:32

System information: [ Citavi Version 4.0-4.4, Windows 10, Other language, Firefox 36 or newer, MS Office 2013/365 64Bit, Acrobat XI ]

After I updated my OS to Windows 10, the Citavi Add-in for Word stopped working and it seems impossible to have it function properly. How can I handle this situation?
What can I do in order to update my Citavi version (4.4) to 4.5?
kircher@inwind.it

Re: Citavi 4 after Windows 10 update

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2015-11-12 16:22

Hello,

you can download the setup for Citavi 4.6 from http://www.citavi.com/download under the heading "Special Installations". This will update your present installation.

However, we don't officially support Office 2016 with Citavi 4. Please upgrade to Citavi 5.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby kircher@inwind.it » 2015-11-12 16:48

I still have Office 365 and Word 2013, as far as I know, so what should I do? I did download and reinstall Citavi 4.6, but for some reason my Citavi appears stuck at 4.4 version.
kircher@inwind.it

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2015-11-12 16:53

Hello,

please uninstall your current installation of Citavi. Don't worry, that won't affect your projects or settings. Nevertheless, it's a good idea to have a backup of your Citavi user data folder, usually C:\Users\[Ihr Name]\Documents\Citavi 4
After that, please make sure that Word is closed and start the Citavi 4.6 setup.

Best regards
Sebastian

Wurde Ihre Frage vollständig beantwortet? Bitte klicken Sie auf das grüne Häkchen (= Antwort akzeptieren) oben rechts in meiner Antwort. Andere Forenbenutzer können sich dann leichter orientieren, wenn sie auf der Suche nach einer Lösung sind.
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby kircher@inwind.it » 2015-11-12 17:08

Will updating to Citavi 4.6 be sufficient for my Word Add-In to be back?
kircher@inwind.it

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2015-11-13 11:24

Hello,

as I said: we do not support Office 2016 with Citavi 4. Therefore I cannot guarantee that installing Citavi 4.6 will suffice for the Word Add-In to activate.

If it doesn't, you could follow these steps which also work for Citavi 4.

If this doesn't help either, you'll need to upgrade to Citavi 5.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Return to Citavi 4 Support (English)