This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Organization name not being capitalized Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 4? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Organization name not being capitalized

Postby Aechidna » 2015-04-07 01:53

System information: [ Citavi Version 4.5, Windows 7, English, -, MS Office 2010 64Bit, - ]

So I have this REALLY frustrating issue of having entered a reference (internet document) which doesn't have an author but was written by the Entertainment Software Association. I accidentally entered the organization name with all lowercase letters the first time around but changed it immediately.

HOWEVER, now, no matter if I delete and reenter the reference, attempt to edit the name in the lists, or WHATEVER, the name in the citation as well as the references list comes out with lowercase letters. It's capitalized in Citavi, in the side pane for word, in the lists window, literally EVERYWHERE except for in the document itself.

This is for a dissertation, which kind of needs to be, for lack of a better word, perfect and the fact that Citavi isn't doing what I want it to is causing me quite the frustration at the moment.

Help, please?

Thank you!!
Aechidna

Re: Organization name not being capitalized

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2015-04-07 07:41

Hello Aechidna,

Which citation style are you using? If you created it yourself, would you please send it to us?
To transfer the files, please use our secure upload service. So that we can match the files to the issue, please put the address of this page in the message field.

Thank you!

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Aechidna » 2015-04-07 20:45

I'm using Chicago 16th ed (author-date) that is given by Citavi itself.
Aechidna

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2015-04-08 06:47

Hello Aechidna,

Please double click on the reference in your document that is not being capitalized. The tab Citations in the Word Add-In is opened and the reference is being selected. Are there double question marks in front of the reference, as shown here?

If this is the case, the reference in the document is not the same reference as the one in your project, which explains why it does not reflect the changes. Please click on Advanced at the bottom of the Word Add-In, scroll all the way down and click on Assign reference. Select the correct reference from your project.

If this is not the case, we'd like to take a closer look and were wondering if it would be possible for us to do a live support session with you?

Live support sessions function as follows:
1. Please download the TeamViewer client from the following Web page: http://www.citavi.com/tv
2. Call us at 0041 43 888 20 78 -- we will be happy to call you back on your landline number so that you do not have to pay for the call.
3. We will give you a session number to enter.

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Aechidna » 2015-04-12 01:22

It just automatically fixed itself after about 3 times of closing and opening the document over the past few days. Who knows what kind of hiccup it was experiencing. Either way it's fixed now. Thanks for the help.
Aechidna

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2015-04-13 10:44

Hello Aechidna

Glad to hear it's working now.

Kind regards
Sebastian
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby Darwin » 2016-01-15 23:30

Dear Citavi Service,

I have the same problem, but in the other way. Once I added automatically a citation from Internet some times the author names are Capitalized, even when I edit or enter again by hand the names, they appear always capitalized with all their characters when I insert this citation in Word. I have closed and open this program, but the problem continues.

I would greatly appreciate for a solution!

Ps. Im using Citavi 5.2.0.8 and Word 2010.
Darwin

Re: Organization name not being capitalized  Topic is solved

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-01-18 10:01

Dear Darwin,

Thanks for your question! Please close your Word document. Then, in Citavi, correct the capitalization of the author names by clicking Lists > Persons and Organizations. After correcting the names here and opening your Word document again, the capitalization should stay as you want it to.

Please just let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Darwin » 2016-01-18 16:10

Dear Jennifer,

it works great!

thanks a lot
Darwin

Return to Citavi 4 Support (English)