This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

PDF preview problem with Citavi 5 Beta 1 Topic is solved

Download and discuss pre-release versions of Citavi.

PDF preview problem with Citavi 5 Beta 1

Postby rkulhavy » 2015-03-18 10:59

Hello,

Delighted with many improvements in Citavi 5!

My problem: since Preview 1-3 and still in Beta 1, the instant preview of PDF files gets quickly mangled after clicking on a couple of references. See the attached screenshot.

With "Always preview this location immediately" unchecked, clicking on "Show in preview pane" manually gives always the correct behavior. With "Always preview this location immediately" checked, the preview gets mangled after changing a few times references in the left pane.

I have never experienced this PDF rendering problem with Citavi 4.

I run Windows 7 64-Bit Professional SP1 on Lenovo ThinkPad T430 with 8GB RAM.

Best regards,
Ruda
Attachments
Citavi 5 Beta 1 PDF immediate preview problem.png
Problem with PDF rendering in Citavi 5 Beta 1
rkulhavy

Re: PDF preview problem with Citavi 5 Beta 1

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2015-03-18 14:54

Hi, Ruda,

thank you for your bug report. Can you reproduce this rendering problem with all PDF files or only with special ones?

Kind regards
Sebastian
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby rkulhavy » 2015-03-20 09:20

Hi Sebastian,

As far as I can see, the behavior is not correlated with the type of PDF files. I have tried different sets of references with different PDF attachments - and after clicking a few times on multiple references in the left pane, the preview gets mangled with multiple pages laid over each other.

Best regards,
Ruda
rkulhavy

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2015-03-20 11:48

Hi Ruda,

this problem seems to be caused by the third-party PDF viewer component we're using. We're currently looking into this issue.

Best regards
Sebastian
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2015-03-24 09:18

Hi, Ruda,

we've been trying to reproduce this bug, so far without success. Could you please send us a project in which you notice this behaviour together with the corresponding PDF files? The easiest way is probably putting the complete project folder in C:\Users\[Ihr Name]\Documents\Citavi 5\Projects in a ZIP file.

To transfer the files, please use our secure upload service. So that we can match the files to the issue, please put the address of this page in the message field.

Thank you!

Kind regards
Sebastian
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby rkulhavy » 2015-03-28 12:53

Hi Sebastian,

I have uploaded a simple project with two references only, together with screenshots of rendering problems I am experiencing. The problems seem to be correlated with the size of PDF attachments. With very small files, the likelihood of rendering issues is much smaller.

Regards,
Ruda
rkulhavy

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2015-03-30 08:04

Hello Ruda,

I could not reproduce this error with my internal beta version 4.9.6.188. Had you been testing it with the beta 1 or beta 2 version? I presume that this error has been fixed in beta 2 already.

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Postby rkulhavy » 2015-03-30 19:14

Hello Patrick,

I have been experiencing the problem in Citavi 5, both preview and beta versions, incl. beta 2.

I have never met the problem with Citavi 4.

Best regards,
Ruda
rkulhavy

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2015-03-31 16:14

Hello Ruda,

Thank you very much for helping. I have passed the files on to my collegue. He will look into the issue.

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Re: PDF preview problem with Citavi 5 Beta 1  Topic is solved

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2015-04-01 22:00

Hello everybody
The problem has been solved by updating the driver of the graphics adapter.

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Preview and Beta Versions