This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Ideal hardware (ereader/tablet) for smooth workflow?

Got questions about Citavi 4? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Re: Ideal hardware (ereader/tablet) for smooth workflow?

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2015-04-28 08:15

Hello xkater,

Thank you for your feedback.
We only import highlights into Citavi, but no textual notes or anything else. Is the PDF text too small if you open Citavi in portrait mode or what is it that makes it "slightly too narrow"?

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Anna34 » 2015-04-29 09:21

I tried Citavi 5 on a big touch screen today - 13 inches, portrait mode with the left-panel only.

The screen size is no longer an issue (I, too, often found the text to be too small for comfortable reading on my 8 inch tablet in portrait mode). However, without the pop-up widows for knowledge items there is really no question of productive work :( It sounds like it is added to the long feature wishlist of Citavi and might not be implemented for another year.

Moreover, I personally find it distracting that, even if there was a comment window popping up automatically, I would still have to touch screen one more time to bring up the keyboard. Is it impossible to make Windows bring up keyboard automatically when the cursor is in a text input field, like Android does?
Anna34

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2015-04-29 17:39

Hi Anna,

Wanna bet on the popup windows? ;-)
I have added the "automatic keyboard" to the wish list, too.

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Postby xkater » 2015-05-16 00:50

Generally i've found the 8" tablets too small (for my eyes), but a 10" screen, which i have, is quite useful as an ereader in Portrait Mode and Citavi (5) in Landscape Mode. I still have enough vertical space, and this allows me to use multi-pane mode, which gives me more 'context' for my work. It's easy to rotate the screen to Portrait for 'full-page' readability of documents.
I'd imagine that for many folks with 10" tablets, CITAVI in Portrait mode, with collapsible panes, would work perfectly fine.

thanks for Citavi

Patrick Hilt wrote:Hello xkater,

Thank you for your feedback.
We only import highlights into Citavi, but no textual notes or anything else. Is the PDF text too small if you open Citavi in portrait mode or what is it that makes it "slightly too narrow"?

Best regards
Patrick
xkater

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2015-05-18 08:41

Hello xkater,

Thanks for your additional comments! I've added these to our wish list entry as well.

Best regards,

Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Adama » 2015-05-26 07:59

Is there any solution for scrolling the Article, list of Articles and the table of articles ??

I'm now trying a 10" Tablet/Convertible without a digitizer pen -- and I find it very difficult to hit the scrollbars. And I did not find a button to shot off the selection mode.

Any solutions or workarounds for scrolling ?

Best regards
Adama
Adama

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2015-05-26 14:58

Hello Adama,

we'll probably reintroduce the litte "hand" tool which allows moving around the PDF file. Unfortunately there won't be a quick solution for the references list scrollbar other than increasing the size of all display items via the Windows Control Panel.

Best regards
Sebastian
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby Adama » 2015-07-07 20:12

Hi Sebastian,

I had some technical problems with the tablets, but now I could use citavi again on my small windows tablet... and i encountered an unexpected problem!
For some reason the scrollbar of the "Vorschau" has not got the normal size ! This is unfortunately a problem with win 8.1, because when you try to hit a scrollbar at the outer right, the you hit the charms menu !!

I've spent quite lot time with this subject and even resetted the tablet (yoga 2), but the result was the same: The 3rd/right colum of citavi cannot be scrolled on a touchscreen ! Unfotunately the problem does exit only with this scrollbar -- so I cannot do anything with the win-settings.

Any ideas ??
Adama

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2015-07-08 14:57

Hello, Adama,

could you send us a screenshot from the tablet? I could then file a bug ticket for our developers so that they can see what they can do?

A very clumsy workaround would be to disable the charms menu. Here's described how.

Kind regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby Adama » 2015-07-09 07:49

I hope this upload works.

As you can see the right scrollbar is tiny -- the scrollbars on the other windows (here hidden) had the normal size.
image001.jpg
ScreenShot
Adama

PreviousNext

Return to Citavi 4 Support (English)