This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Kindle Highlight Note not remembered after OK

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Kindle Highlight Note not remembered after OK

Postby piotrsmolnicki » 2015-12-06 13:57

Dear Citavi Team,

When I import Kindle Highlights with Notes from Amazon webpage the Note is automatically put into the head of the quote window but after (tagging and) clicking OK it saves the quote with the first few words of the quote instead of the Note/head title.

BTW. I'm hopefully waiting for Citavi Web (and it's Kindle integration) :) Good luck!

Best Regards,
Piotr Smolnicki
piotrsmolnicki

Re: Kindle Highlight Note not remembered after OK

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2015-12-07 17:33

Dear Piotr

Thank you for your question! Does this behavior happen with every quote you import with Kindle Highlights?

Would you please help us to identify the error by sending us an activity log?:
www.citavi.com/activitylogging - please follow part "B".

Thanks!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby piotrsmolnicki » 2015-12-08 20:14

Dear Jenny,

No, sometimes it remembers the Note but after doing about 100 I couldn't get the reason - maybe the writing pointer have to be in the Note (quote title) so Citavi is not changing it automatically treating it as user edited? Sometimes I edit the Note (quote title) but it doesn't mean it will remember it after tagging and clicking OK. Maybe the problem is in the Kindle font coding (don't know if there is any connection). For example when I add in Kindle a note with "&" in Citavi I see it like "&".

Please check if attached is what you need :)
Attachments
activity log - not remembering kindle notes after OK.zip
(146.5 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
piotrsmolnicki

Postby piotrsmolnicki » 2015-12-08 20:25

BTW. I see automatic head of quote useless - the first few words from quotes are mostly out of context so it doesn't help in recognizing what is in full quote - I suggest to erase this (a-)functionality. ;)

(I should look at your Citavi web before release version - I mostly work Citavi, Chrome and Word the same time - will be much better to work Chrome(with Citavi) and Word. Remember that sometimes Less is More - especially I don't like when my screen is taken by Bars and Options I don't use even daily - I'm writing about both visual and technical aspects.) :)
piotrsmolnicki

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2015-12-09 16:21

Dear Piotr,

Thanks for the log file and the additional details! Since we didn't see any errors in the log file, we will try to reproduce the problem and will get back to you if we need additional information.

If you are interested in participating in the beta test for Citavi Web, you can register for our newsletter at http://www.citavi.com/startwebbeta

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby piotrsmolnicki » 2015-12-11 12:41

Dear Jenny,

Last time I was surprised that three quotes one after another had remembered the Kindle Note in the headline. But after this again the same. I use Kindle Notes exactly for giving a title to the quote so I can easy recognize what is the quote about.

Regards,
Piotr
piotrsmolnicki

Postby piotrsmolnicki » 2015-12-12 13:30

Problems with Kindle Highlights continue - since yesterday I can not import any Highlight from Amazon webpage (no reaction after clicking Save In Citavi). I tried yesterday to refresh page and restart Citavi but Citavi didn't open.
Maybe problems occur when I add more and more content to Citavi?
piotrsmolnicki

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2015-12-14 16:51

Dear Piotr,

Thanks for your additional observations!

The problem with the notes was a bit of a misunderstanding, since these were never meant to be imported. Only the highlights should have been imported into Citavi.

While looking into this issue, however, we also noticed that it's not always possible to import reference information into Citavi. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Since there doesn't seem to be any pattern, and we don't want to offer our users an unreliable feature, we will likely be removing the Amazon Kindle feature in the next beta version.

Many thanks for your understanding!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby piotrsmolnicki » 2015-12-17 14:04

Dear Jenny,

In my opinion importing "Notes" is very important! During reading you scrutinize what is the quote about and this information is extremely important when looking for a quote in Citavi (if it is in the quote head title).

I suggest to remove "automatic" headtitle because it doe not give any information - out of context few first words from the quote.

I think I know what is the reason of the import problem: Sometimes when I open Amazon Highlights I have a little icon of Shield in the address box (at the end) - I have to click on it and allow to work any plug-in (I think it is Citavi Chrome plug-in). So in my opinion Chrome is blocking Citavi from importing Quotes (but I am not an expert at all).

Best Regards,
Piotr
piotrsmolnicki

Postby piotrsmolnicki » 2015-12-17 22:02

Another possibility why importing highlights does not work could be just too much information on the Amazon Highlights web page (all books at once). There is a possibility to enter only to particular book highlights by clicking on the title and clicking, for example: "You have 58 highlighted passages | You have 4 notes" in the top-right corner, as shown in the example below*. But Citavi import does not work in particular books highlight webpage.
Maybe allowing to do so will solve the import problems that appears randomly (maybe it's RAM problem or so)?

I am trying to help - I don't agree with canceling the Citavi Kindle Highlights Import possibility!
Sorry for repeating but the most important is to import a quote with Kindle Note as a head of Citavi Quote - so later it is much easier to find a quote by headline.

*BTW. Before I have found Kindle Notes useful for Citavi Quotes recognition I did not use Notes too much - Now I add Kindle Note to every quote I do!
Attachments
Zrzut ekranu 2015-12-17 21.49.45.png
piotrsmolnicki

Next

Return to Wish List