This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Adjust citation Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 4? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Adjust citation

Postby Amelie_caro » 2015-11-18 13:24

Systeminformationen: [ -, Windows 7, Englisch, Firefox 36 oder neuer, MS Office 2010 64Bit, - ]

Hi,
I've got this automatic reference and when I insert it into my text it looks like this:
(Clement, Papies, & Schusser, 2009)

How can I change it, so the comma in front of the & ("...Papies, &....") does not appear, since it is not grammatically correct (or is it?).

In Citavi, the authors are inserted like this:
Clement, Michel; Papies, Dominik; Schusser, Oliver

Thanks for any ideas :)
Amelie_caro

Re: Adjust citation

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2015-11-18 16:51

Hi Amerlie_caro,

Thanks for your question! Whether the comma is grammatically correct or not is a matter of debate. Some citation styles use one before "and" or "&" in a list and some don't. If you don't want the comma to appear, you would need to make a small change to your citation style. Could you please let me know which style you are using?

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Amelie_caro » 2015-11-20 18:20

APA 5th Edition
Amelie_caro

Postby Amelie_caro » 2015-11-20 18:30

Hey, maybe you can help me with some other issues too I don't know how to resolve.

How can I combine two references? --> (Author 1, XY; Author 2, XY) and NOT (Author 1, XY) (Author 2, XY)

Also in my reference list, some refences appear in a weird layout.

1. Lynsky, D. (2013). O: Is Daniel Ek, the founder of Spotify, going to save the music industry … or destroy it. The Observer (England),

--> how can I change the comma after "... (England),"? There should be a . I believe.

--> how can I change an internet link, so it is not seperated over 3 lines? This actually happens to more than just this reference, but not in all of them. --> see attachment!
Attachments
Reference List.docx
(21 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Amelie_caro

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2015-11-23 11:23

Hi Amelie_caro,

Thanks for your response! Unless you were told specifically to use the APA 5th ed. style, I would suggest using the current version (APA 6th ed.) instead. I also would recommend not removing the comma, since the style will then no longer conform to the APA guidelines. If you still want to make this change, this short video shows you how. Please note that the video has no sound and that APA 6th ed. was the style used.

Regarding your other questions, the following chapter in our manual shows how you can insert a multiple citation:
http://www.citavi.com/sub/manual5/en/in ... tions.html

The unexpected comma was due to a problem in the citation style, which I've now fixed. The next time you restart Citavi and refresh your document, the comma should disappear.

The line breaks you're getting in your URLs come from Word and not Citavi. You can make manual changes to them just before handing in your paper by first converting your Citavi fields to text. Please note that after you convert the Citavi fields, the document is no longer connected with your project and cannot be automatically refreshed.

Please just let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Amelie_caro » 2015-11-24 11:22

Thank you so much for your help! Worked perfectly!
Amelie_caro

Postby Amelie_caro » 2016-02-02 09:35

Hi Jennyfer,
I've got another problem. I imported a reference and when I first inserted into my text the author was in capital letters (CLARKE, 2007). I tried to change it via Lists -> Persons, but it still didnt change in the text. Then I created manually a new reference, deleted the old one and deleted the author from the List. But still the reference appears in capital letters in the text. Help? :)
Amelie_caro

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-02-02 13:16

Hi Amelie_caro,

Thanks for your question! Unfortunately, deleting the reference in Citavi won't change how it appears in the your document, since the old reference had a different sequence number when it was inserted in your document (for the technical details, please see this chapter in our manual).

To fix the problem, delete the new reference you created and then copy the reference from your Word document into your project as described in the following chapter in our manual:
http://www.citavi.com/sub/manual5/en/in ... ences.html

After that, please correct the author capitalization in your Citavi project under Lists > Persons and organizations.

Please just let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Amelie_caro » 2016-02-02 13:54

Hi, I did it just as the manual said, but it still didn't change (see attachments)... :/
Attachments
Unbenannt2.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG
Amelie_caro

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-02-02 14:13

Hello Amelie_caro,

Thanks for your response! What happens if you click Refresh on the Citavi ribbon?:

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Next

Return to Citavi 4 Support (English)