This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Automatic export of direct/indirect quotations in tex Topic is solved

View tips and post questions related to the Citation Style Editor.

Automatic export of direct/indirect quotations in tex

Postby petrushyna » 2013-11-14 14:57

Hi,

regretfully i couldn't find any answer in the forum to solve my problem.

I want to export all quotations/comments/summaries i've done for publications into the Tex.

I've tried to change the citation style and add in-text citation. In the tex file i added \cite[iq][]{bibtexkey}. Here iq states for indirect quotation as i denoted in the citation style.

I created the bib tex file automatically and expect that citation will be added in the bib (is it possible at all?) and will be read later by compilation of tex file.

Surely i can just choose the quotation and add it in the opened tex file but the reason why i would like to have the code for it as i would like to add many quotations (add all quotations from the category) and get their results after tex compilation in the pdf.

Is there any solution to my problem?

I'm using Citavi 4.2.0.11

Thanks,
Zina
petrushyna

Re: Automatic export of direct/indirect quotations in tex  Topic is solved

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2013-11-14 19:21

Hello Zina,

I am afraid what you are trying to do is not possible. You can use Citavi to organize your ideas and your quotes. The BibTeX files that Citavi creates when you export your titles is similar to any other BibTeX file. It does not contain quotes or ideas.

You can also use Citavi to insert your ideas and quotes into your LaTeX document. Citavi does nothing else, as far as LaTeX is concerned. It does not take care of citation styles, and it has got nothing to do with the formatting of your LaTeX document.

You can cite a title from Citavi directly into your document. Please insert the cite commands you want to use in Tools > Options as here:

Then, you can access them directly in the publication assistant:

As you can see in the first screen, you can do the same with the quote command to export direct and indirect quotations to LaTeX.

Thus, a direct quotation in Citavi like this one:

is inserted in your LaTeX document like this:

\begin{quote}YOUR TEXT \cite[p.~25]{Grafstein.2002}\end{quote}

The result in PDF (which of course depends on the citation style you have chosen in LaTeX) will look like this:

YOUR TEXT [Gra02, p. 25]

You can also highlight several quotes in the publication assistant and export them all in one go to your LaTeX document, but when exporting you cannot differentiate between direct quotes, indirect quotes and comments.
We are going to overhaul the interaction with LaTeX in the (hopefully fairly near) future, but I cannot tell you yet what we are going to change.

Best regards
Patrick

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Using the Citation Style Editor