This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Adding the Oxford University/Bodleain Catalogue

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Adding the Oxford University/Bodleain Catalogue

Postby julia96154 » 2011-08-30 08:58

Hi there...I was wondering if you could add the Bodleain Library Catalogue at Oxford University to your list of recognised library search sites in the UK. The library is one of the most complete and up to date outside of the British Library in the UK. It would be very helpful for many of us who live reasofnably close by.
Thanks, Julia Watson
julia96154

Re: Adding the Oxford University/Bodleain Catalogue

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2011-09-02 10:39

Dear Julia,

According to this page, the main catalog, OLIS, supports the z39.50 protocol that Citavi supports, so it should be no problem adding the OLIS catalog. Some of the other holdings on that page appear not to be available by z39.50, and thus cannot be added to Citavi.

We'll add OLIS as soon as possible and will respond here when it's available.

Regards,
Antonio Tejada
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2011-09-02 14:04

Dear Julia,

The OLIS catalog is now available. Just search for Oxford and it'll come up.

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby julia96154 » 2011-09-12 16:27

Dear Antonio

Thanks so much for adding OLIS to the search library list. I may be doing something wrong but any search I make of OLIS within Citavi consistently returns empty despite the book being held in the library(I have checked independently). Do you have any ideas?
Best wishes,
Julia Watson.
julia96154

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2011-09-19 11:53

Dear Julia,

Please forgive the delayed response. As outlined in the page linked in my first post above, not all of the holdings are searchable through the Z39.50 protocol Citavi must use, so it's possible it's a book that is in one of the unsearchable holdings. Could you give me the search query you were using so I can try and reproduce it? Thanks!

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby peter_2 » 2013-10-29 04:59

I think Thunderbird laureate has also a search site and you can add that to this list too though I am not sure how useful that is.
peter_2

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-10-31 11:24

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion! The page you had linked was a news article about Thunderbird on the Financial Times website. I will add the Thunderbird School of Global Management library catalog to our wish list, though. As long as it is technically possible for us to add the catalog and as long as we receive permission from the library, we're glad to add this resource to Citavi.

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Wish List