This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Short Feedback for Citavi 4 Preview 2

Download and discuss pre-release versions of Citavi.

Short Feedback for Citavi 4 Preview 2

Postby Wolfgang_D » 2012-09-18 19:34

Hey,

I downloaded it, tried it, but I unistalled it after a few minutes, here is why:
- The Word-Plugin wasn't visible in Microsoft Word Starter 2010, neither Open-Office
- When I tried to add new quotes I were really confused that every formfield has changed it place...perhaps its more logic now, but as there is no option to change the view to the old used one, I can't really work with this version...I don't want do train myself to work quickly with this with this jumbled arrangement.
- I searched the "remove paragraphs..."-option and had to notice that it were moved to a sub-context-menu...so one more click everytime is needed, as this is a very often used function it also slows down my workspeed. Infact it would be great if Citavi automaticly converts every pasted-in text to to pure raw text without paragraphs, tabs or anything else. There is little imaginable cases where it makes sense to maintain this formatting, so would a standard conversion would be very helpful.
As always you should be able to optionally disable this settings, so everyone is satisfied.
- I noticed that there is a new quick-edit-mode...this might be a good idea, because citavi works with too much little windows being opend for every function.

Keep on with the very good work! And surprise us with a Citavi web version in the near future! Then you would have the perfect product. :-)

Wolfgang
Wolfgang_D

Re: Short Feedback for Citavi 4 Preview 2

Postby Peter Bonekämper » 2012-09-18 20:46

Wolfgang_D wrote:- The Word-Plugin wasn't visible in Microsoft Word Starter 2010, neither Open-Office

Dear Wolfgang,

the Word-Plugin is meant as plugin for MS-Word, not for Open-Office. And MS-Word Starter 2010 does not work with Citavi.

http://service.citavi.com/KB/a199/citav ... trans=true
About Office Click-to-Run and Office Starter
Citavi cannot work with Office 2010 Click-to-Run, because "out-of-process applications" (such as Citavi) are not supported in Click-to-Run. (Office Starter is always Click-to-Run.) You need to uninstall Office Click-to-Run and install the full install of Office 2010.

I like the new Word-Plugin very much, but I am using the fully functional MS-Word-application (Office2007 and Office2010).

Best wishes
Peter Bonekämper
Peter Bonekämper

Postby sigmund » 2012-09-18 23:29

I have already used Citavi 4 Preview 2 as my main reference manager to write papers for Journals. It works very well with my MS office 2010 in win 7 64 bit system. I like the new word-plug in very much. Hope to publish Beta version.
sigmund

Postby hubert.clement » 2012-10-03 15:14

Wouah, this version is perfect and will give a real concurrent to Endnote.

When the finally version 4 will be give free to the download?

Kind regards,
Hubert
hubert.clement

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2012-10-04 11:05

Dear Hubert,

Thanks so much for your kind words! We'd rather not give any release date estimates at the moment, since we don't want to disappoint anyone if development takes a bit longer than planned. You can expect to see two additional Previews before the first beta version of Citavi 4 is released.

Best regards,

Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby flogisto » 2012-10-13 04:31

Please consider an option to activate the old behavior for the plugin in MS Word. I have used EndNote and have experienced the bugs with automatic formatting of citations. Sometimes there are problems with the formatting and some marks turn into invalid, resulting in a total mess for a careful work of weeks.

This type of problem cannot happen to the actual Citavi 3.3 reference formatting in document, since no automatic formatting is available. I really love that way because it is more stable. A not linked reference list after formatting is very stable because it could be moved or edited without conflict with the text in document.

Greetings,
flogisto

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2012-10-15 05:54

Hello Flogisto,

thank you for your suggestion. I have sent it on to the developers.

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Preview and Beta Versions