Imported references show as sequence number "0"

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Re: Imported references show as sequence number "0"

Postby sorenhou » 2014-11-10 11:28

I've tested it and here is a course of events from when i open a solo project to the problem occurs.

- After i open i retrieve a PMID. The first time i do the it only have the number #0 for a second or 2.
- I then add another PMID (only one at a time). This time it has the number #0 for several minutes but then changes into the right number.

I've the tried to add more than one file (3). After importing (PMID) all the files had the number #0. This did't last for long then, before they got the right number (10-20 sec).
sorenhou

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2014-11-11 10:14

Hello, Søren,

we have tried to reproduce this issue on different machines but have not been successful so far. When adding the references the number is assigned almost instantly. The only lag I could notice occured when there was a high CPU and memory load. Which processor and how much RAM does your computer have? Are any high priority tasks running as well while you are working with Citavi?

Kind regards
Sebastian
Sebastian Pabel
Citavi Customer Service

Postby sorenhou » 2016-06-16 13:22

Still happening in Citavi 5. And the computer is using <5% CPU and lot of RAM space. Have been showing #0 for 2-5 min now.

sorenhou

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-06-16 15:44

Hi sorenhou

The way the sequence numbers are assigned has not changed since Citavi 4. However, we're still unable to reproduce this issue. May I ask what machine (CPU, RAM, hard drive) you are using? How many references and knowledge items do you have in your project (File > Project properties > Statistics)?

Does this effect have any other than purely cosmetic implications for you when working with Citavi?

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Sebastian Pabel
Citavi Customer Service

Previous

Return to Wish List