This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Imported references show as sequence number "0"

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Imported references show as sequence number "0"

Postby sorenhou » 2014-09-19 10:42

When you import a reference by "retrieve by ISBN" it initially has the sequence number 0. I don't know if it is a bug but it is a bit annoying. It would be nice to have the actual sequence number at the beginning.

It usually takes a bit of marking other references/restarting Citavi before the real sequence number is shown.
sorenhou

Re: Imported references show as sequence number "0"

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2014-09-19 12:24

Hi sorenhou,

Thanks for your question! I unfortunately cannot reproduce this problem. The sequence number appears immediately after an import in my Citavi project.

Could you please check which Citavi version is installed on your computer? You can find this information on the Help menu under About.

If the version number is older than 4.4.0.28, would you please install the update and let us know if the problem continues to occur after that?

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby sorenhou » 2014-09-30 13:05

I've only seen it a couple of times. And it isn't the biggest problem. I'll try to take a picture/video of it the next time it occurs.
sorenhou

Postby sorenhou » 2014-10-14 12:24

It happened when I imported the reference via the "Retrieve by ISBN". It doesn't change the number automatically, it has been showing 0 in a couple of minutes by now. I got it to show the real number by selecting back and forth of other articles.

Again I just thought you'd like to know/see.

Søren
Attachments
0 error.png
sorenhou

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2014-10-14 15:46

Hi Søren,

Thanks very much for the screenshot! I'm unfortunately still unable to reproduce the problem on my computer. Do you by any chance have Citavi's activity logging enabled? If so, could you please switch to the Tools menu, click Options, and then click Save log to save the activity log to a file?

If activity logging is not enabled, please activate it by following the steps under "A" in the following FAQ article:
http://service.citavi.com/KB/a290/60011 ... gging.aspx

When the problem occurs again, please send us the log. Hopefully we'll then be better able to pinpoint the source of the problem.

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby sorenhou » 2014-10-27 11:49

I have an activity log attached where it happened a couple of times in a row.
Notice that this is not a problem, and it resolves it self after a short while. I just thought you would like to know about this.
Attachments
#0 log - 27.10.14 3.zip
(275.44 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
sorenhou

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2014-10-27 16:36

Hello, Søren,

thank you for your log file. We have already analysed it and, unfortunately, it doesn't contain any hints that point to this issue. It seems to be a problem with displaying the data with the data itself. Once you click on another title, the correct sequence numbers should be displayed.

Are you working with a team project that is located on a server? If you do, could you please try to reproduce the problem with a local project?

Kind regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby sorenhou » 2014-11-03 11:45

I was working in a team project on a server. I made a SOLO copy of the project and placed it on my desktop.
The issue happened again. After importing via the "retrieve by ISBN" the imported reference (by PMID) didn't get a number and still had the number #0. After pressing a couple of other titles it still had the number #0.

Now after writing this I tried to press another title and going back and now it was given a number. But it took ~5 min.

The log file i added was "logged" when the reference still had #0.

Hope this helps.
sorenhou

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2014-11-03 15:30

Hello Søren,

unfortunately we are still unable to reproduce the issue. Does the same behaviour also occur when you import a few titles into a new solo project?

Kind regards
Sebastian
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Next

Return to Wish List