This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Learn New Spelling feature.

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Learn New Spelling feature.

Postby julia96154 » 2014-05-30 11:59

Hi there. I would really like to be able to add new spellings to my Citavi dictionary. I work on the 11th century in France so naturally I use a lot of different and odd terms which Citavi's spell checker just doesn't recognise. Frankly I am getting more and more irritated by the large number of red underlinings in my knowledge items telling me I have an incorrect spelling when clearly I don't. If I could add the underlined term to the onboard dictionary I think I would be in heaven!
Best wishes,
Julia.
julia96154

Re: Learn New Spelling feature.

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2014-05-30 13:20

Hi Julia,

Thanks for your question! Although there's no direct way to add terms to the dictionary yet, there is a workaround. Please take the following steps:

1. Close Citavi
  2. In Windows Explorer switch to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Citavi 4\ProofingTools
  3. Copy the files fr.aff and fr.dic to the folder C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\Citavi 4\Settings\ProofingTools
  4. Open the file fr.dic in a text editor, such as Notepad
  5. Type or paste the new entries you want to add at the end of the file. Place each entry on a new line. The entries do not have to be in alphabetical order.
  6. Save the file.
  7. Start Citavi.

After adding the entries, they should no longer be marked incorrect by the spell checker.

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Re: Learn New Spelling feature.

Postby julia96154 » 2014-05-31 08:40

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you so much for your very quick reply. It was very helpful. I will try to do just as you advise. Have a good weekend.

All best wishes,
Julia.
julia96154

Return to Wish List