This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Buttons for navigating long reference lists

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Buttons for navigating long reference lists

Postby skittle » 2014-04-25 10:37

Hi,

I use only one project in Citavi so my references lists are very long (4500+). The scroll bar is pretty much useless for such lists. I tend to use search. But it would be amazing if, in addition to the scroll bar, there was a way to nagivate by the first letter of the author's name, or the first letter of the article title. I'm thinking of an interface a bit like in some smartphone address books where there is a list of letters down one side and you can zoom to that letter by clicking on it.

Thanks
skittle

Re: Buttons for navigating long reference lists

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2014-04-25 10:52

Hi skittle,

There are several possibilities to search for information in Citavi:

- If the cursor is placed in the references column and you simply start typing, you will immediately be taken to the first author that starts with the letters you typed.
- If you press CTRL+E, your search is limited to the fields in the title tab.
- The normal search (CTRL+F) will search in all fields, including knowledge items, keywords and the like.

Best regards
Patrick

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Wish List