This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Picker for other PDF viewers?

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Picker for other PDF viewers?

Postby cyberace » 2014-03-03 08:24

Hello,

There is an annoying issue using Adobe Reader/Acrobat to read some (not all) PDF documents. Spaces between words disappears when pasting text copied within these documents. The "add quotation" function of the Picker is affected by this problem and I am really tired of manually adding spaces between words of the quoted text.

So is it possible for you to provide Picker for other FREE and RELIABLE PDF viewer?
I myself prefer the PDF-XChange Viewer. It is free and works perfectly under Windows (even under Linux using Wine). Ever since I swicthed to it, I've never got such an issue. But bad news is I can't use Picker with it.

Best regards
Cyberace
cyberace

Re: Picker for other PDF viewers?

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2014-03-03 12:41

Hello Cyberace,

Thank you for your feedback.
Would you be able to send me a PDF document where this error occurs, so we can reproduce and analyse it? We might be able to do something about it during the copy process.
Other than that, I have added your request to our wish list.

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Postby cyberace » 2014-03-03 15:46

Hi Patrick,

The PDF file has been sent using secure transfer service.
This problem was not found when I was quoting from the same PDF file within the Citavi Preview.
It seems that the issue is due to Adobe Reader/Acrobat.

BTW, When I quote text from within Adobe Reader/Acrobat other than the Preview of Citavi, the value of the "Page range" attribute of the quotation is empty.

Best regards
Cyberace
cyberace

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2014-03-03 16:27

Hello Cyberace,

We are terribly sorry: the problem is caused the Citavi Picker! We are going to fix this asap.
Our developer is going to check why the page range is not copied.

Thank you for helping to make Citavi better!

Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Postby cyberace » 2014-03-04 02:53

Thanks for your reply, Patrick!

I am looking forward to a solution to the "space missing" problem. :)

Best regards
Cyberace
cyberace

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2014-03-04 16:56

Hello Cyberace,

I am afraid we cannot fix the problem right away, it has to be done in the program code, so you will have to wait for the coming beta version. We have not decided when we are going to publish it, but I should think that it will be available in April, and maybe before that.

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Postby cyberace » 2014-03-05 03:31

Hello Patrick,

I understand that and I will be patient. :)

All the best
Cyberace
cyberace

Postby pstock » 2014-11-28 03:23

Great support, as always, but I still want to second the request for a picker for pdf-xchange viewer. Maybe I should start a new thread with that specific title?
pstock

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2014-11-28 08:19

Hello pstock,

The request for a picker for pdf-xchange is already on our wish list, but you may of course start a new thread to push it more and to maybe get someone else to support this wish, too.

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Wish List