This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

[ViIDEO] Feature request: "Add to Item" Behavior

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

[ViIDEO] Feature request: "Add to Item" Behavior

Postby mickeyonacoustic » 2014-01-02 05:03

Greetings!

Thank you for all that you do to provide and improve Citavi. Thank you for your EXCELLENT customer service and attention to Citavi users.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to change the behavior of the "Add Comment to Item" in the following way?

http://youtu.be/dOVolstOWNY

Thank you for your time!
mickeyonacoustic

Re: [ViIDEO] Feature request: "Add to Item" Behavior

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2014-01-03 10:38

Hi mickeyonacoustic,

Thanks so much for this video feature request (and also for your very kind words -- you made us blush!). As you point out in the video, the way the Add comment to item feature is currently designed is that the core statement of the quotation is automatically added as the core statement of the Comment with the word "Comment" in parentheses. The Core statement field isn't really meant to contain actual content. Instead it's a restatement of the main idea of the knowledge item. So, we wouldn't really want to change this feature so that the user would be typing the comment into the Core statement field. Although the text of the original knowledge item currently does not appear in the comment, the comment's connection to the knowledge item is visible with the shared core statement and the comment will appear below the knowledge item in the Knowledge Organizer and on the Quotations tab.

I agree that this feature could be improved and that it would be nice to have the text of the original knowledge item automatically appear in the comment. I'll go ahead and add your request to our wish list.

Thanks again for taking the time to make a video describing your request!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Wish List