This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Ability to copy & paste category, and w/ or w/out items

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Ability to copy & paste category, and w/ or w/out items

Postby mickeyonacoustic » 2014-01-01 09:41

Greetings!

Thank you so much for developing and ever improving Citavi. Citavi is a LIFE saver. Folks around me tire of my references to it. "Oh, Citavi makes it soooooo easy" is how friends mimic me!

FEATURE REQUEST
I iterate back and forth between [1] tweaking my Citavi outline based on quote-reading and [2] adding quotes to my Citavi outline. Thus, I am CONSTANTLY adding level 4 outline categories to my Citavi outline, dragging and dropping level 3 outline categories, etc., etc. Sometimes I worry about how I'll go back to a previous version of my Citavi outline (complete with knowledge items attached and all), so I just mirror the whole outline BELOW the present one.

Well, replicating (saving a "copy") this way takes a LONG, LONG time because I have to retype EVERYTHING. Is there an alternative? If not, it would help immensely if I could just click on an outline category item to copy and paste it, along with all of its subcategories or NOT (Citavi would prompt "Take subcategories along?"). Of course, users would also need the option of either having attached knowledge items tag along, or not.

Thank you so much for the amazing job you do with Citavi and with user support. Your team is really wonderful.
mickeyonacoustic

Re: Ability to copy & paste category, and w/ or w/out items

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2014-01-03 11:10

Hi mickeyonacoustic,

Now you really are making us blush! We're thrilled that you like using Citavi so much!

At the moment there's unfortunately no way to copy a category or to copy a category with its subcategories. I'm happy to add this to our wish list, though!

Thanks so much again for taking the time to write us with all of your feature requests!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Re: Ability to copy & paste category, and w/ or w/out items

Postby mickeyonacoustic » 2014-01-03 11:44

Absolutely! We just appreciate your team, product, and being heard and cared about.

Blessings!
mickeyonacoustic

Return to Wish List