This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Tags Topic is solved

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Tags

Postby sorenhou » 2013-11-05 11:20

I have tried to follow your guide to what a category and keyword should be. But I feel like I need some more categorization. And I am afraid to get way to many categoires and thereby loose track of it all.

I do a lot of different projects over the time and if all my different projects should have a category, in my master library, each I would have a lot of categories in a very short time. But I still want to find the articles in my different procjets easily

I thought about getting some sort of tags, mainly geting my inspiration from OS X Mavericks (http://www.apple.com/osx/whats-new/#tags)

Maybe not with the colors and all. But like a second "keyword" area.
sorenhou

Re: Tags

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2013-11-05 14:27

Hello Sorenhou,

the advantage of categories resides in the fact that you can use them hierarchically, whereas keywords stand for themselves. Other than that, you can use them whichever way you like. From what you say, you do not need a hierarchical structure, so why don't you use keywords?

If you want to differentiate between groups of keywords, you could have them start with special symbols, like @, #, _. In this way, the groups would be listed together. The same applies for categories, too, of course.

Best regards
Patrick

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Postby sorenhou » 2013-11-05 15:55

It's a good idea with the symbols before a keyword.
My issue is that we have imported all our references from an old "Reference Manager" project. Some of these references have more than 50 keywords. We don't want the "tags" to drown in the keywords. In total we have around 6000+ different keywords.

Another idea could be to have a custom field you could add to "Lists" and name as pleased.

Just an idea.
sorenhou

Re: Tags  Topic is solved

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2013-11-06 16:19

Hello sorenhou,

if you change your tags to _tags, they will not drown in the list of keywords, they will always be on top:

and

The same happens if you start typing: just type _ in the keyword field, and you will immediately get your tags:

Or do you want to immediately see in all references which tags have been assigned to a title? Would this feature help? In the context tab, your _tags would be listed first.

Or is it that I just do not understand what exactly you want to do?

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Postby sorenhou » 2013-11-12 12:58

This is a great idea! I certainly think we can use this.
sorenhou

Return to Wish List