This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

A big wish list

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Re: A big wish list

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-06-07 12:21

Hello DrAlex,

Thanks so much for the additional explanations! I will add the rest of these suggestions to our wishlist as well. I especially like the idea that Citavi could automatically tell which chapter you were quoting from based on the table of contents and then fill in the chapter name when you cite (if you're using a citation style that calls for this information). This may be technically difficult to implement, though.

As far as the covers are concerned, would you want Citavi to automatically insert different covers, so you could distinguish between references? For example, a blue cover for one reference and a green cover for another? If Citavi inserts the same default cover for all references that do not have cover information, I assume the default covers would not be very helpful.

Thanks again for all of your well-thought-out suggestions for making Citavi a better program! We can't promise anything in terms of implementation, unfortunately, but these features will be discussed during the planning for new versions.

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby DrAlex » 2013-06-07 18:38

Thank you for your work :)

This may be technically difficult to implement, though.

I do not think so - for exemple, in quote Citavi is already determines if the page number is beyond the range of pages section. In any case, for the first, it can be realized only in manual mode, but must be the appropriate additional field, like a field for number of pages.

If Citavi inserts the same default cover for all references that do not have cover information, I assume the default covers would not be very helpful.

The final decision is yours. In many programs is being used (for example in media player Foobar2000).

For example, a blue cover for one reference and a green cover for another?

Different covers for different reference types: book, journal article, internet document, collected work and etc.
DrAlex

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-06-10 10:08

Hello DrAlex,

Thanks very much for your response! I now understand a bit better how you would like the default covers to appear.

As far as the automatic chapter detection is concerned, I guess I'll just have to see what the developers say.

Best regards,
Jenny
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby DrAlex » 2013-06-27 14:34

Hi! It's me again :)

At this time, I just have a small wish - the google search of cover by the title of the book.
DrAlex

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-06-28 09:02

Hi DrAlex,

Thanks for the additional suggestion! Unfortunately, Google doesn't allow this, so we won't be able to add such a feature.

Best regards,
Jenny
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby DrAlex » 2013-06-28 09:50

Jennifer Schultz wrote:Hi DrAlex,

Thanks for the additional suggestion! Unfortunately, Google doesn't allow this, so we won't be able to add such a feature.

Best regards,
Jenny

For example, this is done very simply In Media Player Foobar2000 - the program has a built-in search by album cover art. That is, what is offered to the user to do manually (go to the site images.google.com - type a search string - save the picture - and then enter in Citavi - select the image from comp.) - the program does itself, providing a convenient interface.
DrAlex

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-06-28 10:50

Hi DrAlex,

Although other programs may integrate with Google in this way, due to legal reasons we will not add this feature. However, usually you can add the Cover Art using the feature "Search for cover art by ISBN."

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby DrAlex » 2013-06-28 11:05

Ok. Just, in my case, is not cover for at least one of my books (reference) by ISBN
DrAlex

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-06-28 12:04

Hi DrAlex,

Could you send us the ISBN number so we can test why it's not being found?

Thanks so much!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby DrAlex » 2013-06-28 12:59

For exemple:
5-89332-090-5
5-7429-0224-7
978-5-904636-18-0

None of the ISBN in my database does not have a cover. In addition, I work a lot with the old editions when ISBN not yet exist.
DrAlex

PreviousNext

Return to Wish List