This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

A big wish list

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

A big wish list

Postby DrAlex » 2013-04-06 09:15

Sheet of proposals:

1. Picker or posibility to add reference directly from browser of Citavi (directly from window) - "surf and add" without exit in other browsers

2. The ability to add "abstract" also as the quote.

3. pdf (some of the wishes were already voiced):
3.1. full-text search for pdf
3.2. working with bookmarks
3.3. Work with pages in pdf with OCR layers (the program in these files does not determine between
the page number from which the quote is done);
3.4. Shift parameter for page numbers:
3.4.1 - often the scaned pdf does not match the physical numbers of pages of document -
it can be resolve by specifing of the difference between numbers;
3.4.2 - there are files where the some pages are missing, and the numbering of all the strays -
it would not be too bad it's taken into account;

4. Picker for browser Maxthon 3
-----------------
Bug:

5. In the editing of style, when you create a new component and you want to rename it, the cursor after each letter goes to the first position (see attached file).

P.S. exscuse me for my English
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
DrAlex

Re: A big wish list

Postby Peter Meurer » 2013-04-11 09:05

Hello and thanks for your input!

posibility to add reference directly from browser of Citavi (directly from window)

I added this to our internal wishlist.

ability to add "abstract" also as the quote.

Could you please explain this?

full-text search for pdf

... will be added soon

working with bookmarks

An entry in our wishlist has already been made.

Work with pages in pdf with OCR layers (the program in these files does not determine between
the page number from which the quote is done)

We have to examine this.

3.4. Shift parameter for page numbers:
3.4.1 - often the scaned pdf does not match the physical numbers of pages of document -
it can be resolve by specifing of the difference between numbers;
3.4.2 - there are files where the some pages are missing, and the numbering of all the strays -
it would not be too bad it's taken into account;

That is a difficult problem and we have discussed the necessary features in the past. Some nice ideas are waiting for realization.

Picker for browser Maxthon 3

I'm sorry. We are not planning to add a Maxthon Picker.

In the editing of style, when you create a new component and you want to rename it, the cursor after each letter goes to the first position (see attached file).

This bug will be fixed with the next update.

Kind regards,
Peter
Peter Meurer
Citavi Customer Service

Postby DrAlex » 2013-04-11 10:10

Could you please explain this?

It Is not necessary yet - I found this ability in program.

Then, can you add the ability of adding of the selected text in the other major fields, such as:
- Author
- Title

==========
And I have some for wishlist yet:
6. In the quotes add the tab for translated text (the quote in others languages);

7. adding of keywords:
7.1 the ability to add keyword directly from Quick Search
7.2 if desired keyword is not present, create a new
7.3 possibility to inherit keywords from another quotes and reference

8. working with djvu
9. the references and quotes to be stored in one comon base, which could synchronize with each project
10. Is there possibility of "batch modify" for types of references?
DrAlex

Postby Peter Meurer » 2013-04-12 07:51

Good Morning Alex,

thanks again for your posting.

Then, can you add the ability of adding of the selected text in the other major fields, such as:
- Author
- Title

We have an alternative approach for splitting up an reference entry into different Citavi fields, but haven't found the time to realize the idea yet.
6. In the quotes add the tab for translated text (the quote in others languages);

Added to wishlist.
7. adding of keywords:
7.1 the ability to add keyword directly from Quick Search
7.2 if desired keyword is not present, create a new
7.3 possibility to inherit keywords from another quotes and reference

Added in toto to wishlist.
8. working with djvu

Added to wishlist.
9. the references and quotes to be stored in one comon base, which could synchronize with each project.

Allready on our todo list.
10. Is there possibility of "batch modify" for types of references?

There are several ways to modify several references at one:
  • First, create a selection. Do a right click on one of the references in the selection and use the command Batch modify to assign categories, apply keywords, or add tasks.
  • You may also change the type of reference for all selected references at once.
  • In Citavi 4 you will be able to do Search/Replace-Operations.

Kind regards,
Peter
Peter Meurer
Citavi Customer Service

Postby DrAlex » 2013-04-12 15:18

Thank you for answers. :)
You may also change the type of reference for all selected references at once

It is not working - I select several references and, and when I'm changing the type, is changed only in one reference. In "batch modify" there is not possibility to change type.

And I ask forgiveness for so many desires, but that's last wishlist (I hope so):
11. Picker for Foxit Reader PDF (it is more convenient than Adobe Reader).

Thank you
DrAlex

Postby Peter Meurer » 2013-04-12 16:30

Hello Alex

Concerning bath modifying the document type: Have you followed the steps shown in this video?

Concerning Foxit: I'm sorry to tell you that we are not planning to add a Foxit Picker.

Regards,
Peter
Peter Meurer
Citavi Customer Service

Postby DrAlex » 2013-04-12 16:57

Oh! Thank you very mutch - I did't see this menu.
DrAlex

Postby DrAlex » 2013-04-14 21:46

Still faced with some necessary:

11. In the editor style, additional parameter for the "title": the first letter capitalized and the rest lower;

12. Similarly, as the page number, add another field for the paragraphs or sections of books, which then will be inserted in the references with page numbers.
DrAlex

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2013-04-15 21:03

Hello Alex,

thank you for your suggestions.
11. In the editor style, additional parameter for the "title": the first letter capitalized and the rest lower;

This is already on our wish list.
12. Similarly, as the page number, add another field for the paragraphs or sections of books, which then will be inserted in the references with page numbers.

You can change the page number type for documents and individual quotations by clicking on the field name Page range:

Best regards
Patrick

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Postby DrAlex » 2013-04-16 06:16

You can change the page number type for documents and individual quotations by clicking on the field name Page range:

I meant that, along with the page numbers that you can add the names of the sections, for example:

Jhon Smith [1, p.234, "Letters of my life"]

or depending on the settings:
Jhon Smith "Letters of my life" [1, p.234]
DrAlex

Next

Return to Wish List