This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Suggestions on training programs and UI Topic is solved

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Suggestions on training programs and UI

Postby magicmonk » 2013-02-28 09:04

Hi
As a Chinese student, I really hope that citavi can have a Chinese version, because there are the largest group of potential users in China. Besides, it seems little training courses could be found online, which I feel not so convenient.And the user interface is not friendly: when I wrting my papers, I cannot find the relevant tools quickly.These tools such as reference and publication assistant should be more obvious.
Thanks!
Beizhou
magicmonk

Re: Suggestions on training programs and UI

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-02-28 12:05

Hi Beizhou,

Thanks very much for your suggestions! We've been asked about Chinese translations before and would like to offer a Chinese-language user interface. At the moment, we are busy with translations into Spanish and Portuguese, but we always are keeping an eye out for a Chinese translator who would be the right fit. If you know someone with a background in Library Science or a strong academic background who is also a translator from either German or English into Chinese, we would be very glad to contact them.

Were you looking for Chinese-language training courses online? While we don't offer any materials in Chinese, English-language training materials are available. First, there's a our Getting Started Guide, which we recommend for all new users.

An overview of materials that can also be used in instructional sessions can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=140&t=4949

Finally, our list of slideshows contains links to online slideshows explaining the major features in Citavi.

We've tried to make our user interface as intuitive as possible while still including many advanced features. With the upcoming Add-In for Word, the Publication Assistant will be less of a major feature. However, I am curious to know what feature you had trouble finding in the Reference Editor.

Thanks so much once again for your feedback!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby magicmonk » 2013-03-01 02:11

Hi Jennifer,
First of all, thank you for your reply. Maybe I have not made my some words about reference understood. What I mean is that I cannot find a button to put the articles into word as references.
Thanks
Beizhou
magicmonk

Postby magicmonk » 2013-03-01 04:01

PS: It would be really appreciated if you could tell me whether citavi can quote images directly from articles.
magicmonk

Re: Suggestions on training programs and UI  Topic is solved

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2013-03-22 16:40

Hi Beizhou,

sorry about the delay, we overlooked your update on the post.

You can find the button and the shortcut here:

As to your second question: yes, you can add images as image quotations to Citavi and quote them directly into Word.

Best regards
Patrick

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Wish List