This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

arXiv support

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

arXiv support

Postby grannath » 2012-04-14 16:08

Hi,
I'd really like to see better support for arXiv. Since 3.1, the picker works according to the changelog.
But, the picker exists only for Firefox and IE so far, and I don't like to use either one. Guessing by the number of posts, many others don't like them either. Also it doesn't seem to work all the time. I've had trouble with it not recognizing the last digits, which caused importing to fail.
So I'd like to be able to use the arXiv code the same way DOI and PubMed are supported. Just copy the code and import it.
By now, arXiv is a de-facto standard in many science fields, in my personal case physics. So it would help a lot for these fields and make importing publications much easier. Even for pdf files it would be great, since many have an arXiv code in either their keywords or on the first document page.
Also, it would be quite easy to implement. Instead of writing a whole new import engine, just look up the DOI posted on the arXiv page.
Hopefully this will be considered for an update, as it would improve Citavi for a lot of (potential) users.
grannath

Re: arXiv support

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2012-04-16 15:58

Hi grannath,

That seems like a great idea, if it is technically doable. I've added it to the wishlist (#6226).

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Alteromonas » 2013-09-10 15:02

I really appreciate the direct and swift "arXiv" import into CITAVI. It should work the same way like DOI an PubMed / NCBI .
Please make it happen.
Alles Gute aus Wien.

M.
Alteromonas

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-09-10 15:57

Hello,

Thanks so much for asking about this again. Since it's been a while since we took a look at this feature request, I've added it again. While I can't promise that the feature will be added, our development team does take a look at the wish list when planning new versions of Citavi.

Best regards,
Jenny
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Wish List