Display contributions as child elements of edited books

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Display contributions as child elements of edited books

Postby erleuterix » 2012-03-08 18:55

Hi Citavi team,

I just started using Citavi.

I love the user interface and that is a compliment, as I am a usability engineer and I do see a lot of UIs in my daily work. Just one question:

I am using a number of edited books in my research, from which I am using a lot of different single contributions. Right now, Citavi displays a list that contains both the edited books and the single chapters as if they were the same kind of thing, and it does not arrange their order in a reasonable way (for example, contributions both on top of and under the main title). In order to orient myself in the list of references, I would like to have a graphical representation that shows the parent-child relation of the different contributions respectively to the edited book. All that would be necessary is that Citavi sorts all contributions under the parent book and indents them. I assume that if I could get this effect by categorizing the work but this seems an unnecessary hassle, as Citavi already has got the necessary linking information.

Best Regards
Erleuterix
erleuterix

Re: Display contributions as child elements of edited books

Postby gcoulthard » 2012-03-10 22:18

Yes, I agree, that would be a nice feature; however, wouldn't it also be interesting to see the papers attached to a particular conference as well? A visual cue for any parent-child relationships would be helpful.
-- Glen
gcoulthard

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2012-03-13 15:11

Dear Erleuterix and Glen,

A basic form of this feature is now available via the following Add-On: Sort by Parent and Child References.

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby piotrsmolnicki » 2016-11-12 15:45

Antonio Tejada wrote:Dear Erleuterix and Glen,

A basic form of this feature is now available via the following Add-On: Sort by Parent and Child References.

Regards,
Antonio

Dear Citavi Stuff,

Is it possible the parent-child sorting appear in Citavi? Unfortunately when I tried the Add-On I didn't succeed.

Best Regards,
Piotr M. Smolnicki
piotrsmolnicki

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-11-15 11:38

Hi, Piotr,

the Add-On in its current form only works with Citavi 3 and 4, not with Citavi 5. I'll have a look if it can be made compatible with Citavi 5 without too many changes.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Wish List