Improve the number of ref.s shown for each category

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Improve the number of ref.s shown for each category

Postby Dav-o » 2017-01-18 04:14

Hi Citavi,

i'm requesting that the TOTAL number of references within Category including all its sub-categories be shown. It is great that ALREADY Citavi shows the number of ref.s directly under a category after the category title eg "Development Growth (3)".

But my request is for a TOTAL number of refs that are within ALL sub-categories of this category are shown totaled here too. So the same example might be "Development Growth (3) [15]"

Having this summary at high level enables a more complete big-picture view of large documents

thanks

dB
Dav-o

Re: Improve the number of ref.s shown for each category

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2017-01-18 16:49

Hi, Dav-o

There are good arguments for either display. As the Citavi Categories are originally intended to reflect the outline of a text written with the Knowledge Items stored in Citavi, only the number of Knowledge Items in this Category is shown.

Consider this case: You have three Knowledge Items in category 3, fifteen in category 3.1 and twenty-seven in category 3.2. Displaying it the way you suggest would list a total of 45 items for category 3, thus omitting how many Knowledge Items are stored in Category 3 itself.

If it's okay with you, I'd file a feature request for our developers as follows:
For parent categories with child categories both the number of items in the parent category itself and the accumulated number of all items inside this category should be shown.

For our example this would be something like "3 Category Three (3/45)".

I can't say, however, if or when we'll be able to implement this feature.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Dav-o » 2017-01-19 00:32

Hi Sebastian,

i think you might have read my original post a little too quickly. asking for both numbers is EXACTLY what i suggested. see my example.

dB
Dav-o

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2017-01-19 10:45

Hi, dB,

I fear I have indeed. Sorry about that.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Wish List