Option to not insert empty paragraphs

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Option to not insert empty paragraphs

Postby PadreKoonce » 2016-12-15 18:59

Dear friends at Citavi,

Here’s another suggestion for the wish list. Right now, when Citavi exports knowledge items to Word (whether by the Compilation function, or through the Citavi Pane in Word), an empty paragraph is inserted between knowledge items. (This is really bad formatting practice, by the way! Spacing between paragraphs should really be set using paragraph level formatting, not empty paragraphs).

I am sure that many of your users do not object to this (as bad practices are often common practices), but I for one would love to have the option not to include empty paragraphs between knowledge items. For the record, I always eliminate the empty paragraphs using a Macro in Word, but it is never a good sign when users write personal macros to "fix" bugs that program developers have overlooked!

Although I know that Citavi is not a word processor, nor is it meant to be one, the less formatting that the user has to do with the exported document in Word, the better!
PadreKoonce

Re: Option to not insert empty paragraphs

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-12-15 20:03

Dear PadreKoonce,

Thanks for your suggestion! The feature was originally designed this way to make it easier to see the individual knowledge items after using either the Compilation feature or the Word Add-In. Since most users will be inserting their own writing between knowledge items, there will always be a little bit of "re-formatting" that has to be done anyway. But I can see how it would get annoying to delete the empty paragraphs if you aren't inserting text between knowledge items. I'm happy to add this to our wish list for new features, but since our development team is currently focused on Citavi Web, it might be a while before we can take a closer look at making a change to this feature.

Thanks again for your feedback! It's very helpful for us to hear when a feature hinders productivity, since Citavi is intended to do the opposite.

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Wish List