Fix formatting bug when a Thought follows a Subheading

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Fix formatting bug when a Thought follows a Subheading

Postby PadreKoonce » 2016-12-14 20:35

I would like to bring to your attention the following bug (or oversight) that concerns Knowledge Items that are "Thoughts" when these immediately follow a Subheading in the Knowledge Organizer. The text of the Thought, instead of being imported into Word using the "Normal" style, continues to be formatted with the style of the Subheading which precedes it. The following screenshot illustrates this point:
2016-12-14 (7).png

There is also no way of setting a specific Word style for the Thought knowledge item, as there is for the other knowledge items using the CitaviWordAddIn:
2016-12-14 (4).png

Thanks in advance for when you get around to fixing this bug!
PadreKoonce

Re: Fix formatting bug when a Thought follows a Subheading

Postby Susanne Sitzler » 2016-12-15 13:45

Dear PadreKoonce,

Thank you for your error report, and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. With the most recent beta version (5.4.2.0), I couldn't reproduce that problem.

To install Citavi Beta, download the Setup from http://www.citavi.com/beta-download. Double-click the Citavi5Setup.exe file to start the installation.

Best regards,
Susanne

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Susanne Sitzler
Citavi Customer Service

Postby PadreKoonce » 2016-12-15 18:45

Dear Susanne,

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the most recent beta version (5.4.2.0), but the behavior does continue.
Let me see if I can pinpoint the problem more precisely.

1. From within Citavi itself, if I select a category, or subcategory, and use the Compilation method (Save with options SHIFT F12), the formatting is reasonably acceptable:
- Categories are exported to Word with the proper Heading style
- Subheading are exported to Word with the Title style
- All knowledge items are exported to Word with Normal paragraph style, but with text level formatting as defined by Citavi.
So, there is no major issue here. If this is the method you tested, then you would certainly not have reproduced the behavior I wish to describe.

2. The problem occurs when using the Citavi Pane in Word. When I right click on a category in the Knowledge Tab of the Citavi Pane, and chose "Insert categories and knowledge items", then there are numerous formatting inconsistencies:
a. When a Thought knowledge item follows a Subheading, it receives the same formatting in Word as the Subheading.
b. When any other kind of knowledge item follows a subheading, here is what happens. The first knowledge item after the subheading is imported to Word with Normal paragraph style and no additional text level styles. But, all subsequent knowledge items (independently of their class) receives the Normal paragraph style, plus additional text level formatting based on the default font size set in Citavi (Options>Formatting>Default text style...).

Would you be able to run a few tests with the Citavi Pane in Word to see if you are able to reproduce this behavior?

Thanks for looking into this!

Sincerely yours,
Fr. David Koonce

P.S. For the sake of completeness, it would still be good to include in the CitaviWordAddIn the option to apply specific formatting for Thought knowledge items. That option does not exist right now.
PadreKoonce

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-12-16 13:49

Dear David,

Thanks for testing this so thoroughly! Even when I insert categories and knowledge items from the Citavi pane in Word and follow the steps you listed, I'm still unable to reproduce the error. Could we possibly take a look at this with you in a live support session? I'll send the instructions for setting up a live support to the email address you used to register for the Citavi forum.

Many thanks again for letting us know about this error!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Wish List