Ability to import multiple knowledge items at once

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Ability to import multiple knowledge items at once

Postby aprtll » 2016-09-02 04:46

I really like the knowledge item interface in Citavi but it's cumbersome to input multiple items because there are so many steps that must be repeated. It would be great to have Citavi define a set of specifications that scholars can use to import a document with multiple items. For example, you could require the use of a RTF document that has the variables PAGE NUMBER > TEXT > CORE STATEMENT > KEYWORDS > TYPE (each ">" signifying a tab). The scholar could type out his or her notes, using Enter to signify the start of a new Knowledge Item, and then use the Citavi import interface to have them all come in smoothly.
aprtll

Re: Ability to import multiple knowledge items at once

Postby Jana Votteler » 2016-09-02 12:00

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion!

Did I get it right that you create documents with summaries e.g. in MS Word which you would like to import in Citavi?

You can already do so using the knowledge item type summary.

Kind regards,
Jana

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Jana Votteler
Citavi Customer Service

Postby aprtll » 2016-09-05 17:01

No, that is not what I meant. In the past I've used Microsoft Word for taking notes and I usually end up with dozens of notes for a specific book that may include some direct quotes, some indirect quotes, some summaries, etc., divided from each other by the paragraph marker. It would be nice to be able to transfer my Microsoft Word document directly into Citavi and have my individual notes automatically appear as separate knowledge items. Instead I have to recreate each individual note from my Word document as an individual knowledge item. I don't mind doing this, but it's time-consuming and I'm hoping you might consider making direct import of notes a feature in a future version.
aprtll

Postby Jana Votteler » 2016-09-06 07:35

Hello,

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation of your wish.

I have just added it to our internal wish list for our developers (no. 20429).
However, I cannot promise whether or not it will be considered for future versions of Citavi.

Kind regards,
Jana

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Jana Votteler
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Wish List