Drag and drop PDFs from locations to e.g. mail

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Drag and drop PDFs from locations to e.g. mail

Postby sorenhou » 2016-06-16 13:50

I've finally upgraded to Citavi 5 and It is great. But there is always room for improvement :-)

I'd like a possibility to drag PDF (as well as other) files from the locations under the reference ribbon to other programs. When i need to attach a article to an email I need to find it in my Citavi files folder.

It would be a lot easier for me to do it directly from Citavi.
sorenhou

Re: Drag and drop PDFs from locations to e.g. mail

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-06-16 16:34

Hi, sorenhou

dragging and dropping from the locations in Citavi is currently not possible. Dragging and dropping files to other applications is in general a rather complicated thing. I've filed this wish for our developers but I can't say if or when we'll be able to implement this.

As a workaround for the moment: On the Reference tab in Citavi right-click the file and select Open Folder in Windows Explorer. The file will already be selected in the Window that opens so you don't need to search for it. You'll only need to drag it to your mail application.

Best wishes
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Sebastian Pabel
Citavi Customer Service

Postby HerbertGarner » 2016-09-28 11:15

Using Citavi5 and it is really great working on it.I wish there was a drag and drop option.
HerbertGarner

Postby Susanne Sitzler » 2016-09-28 12:48

Hello Herbert Garner,

thanks for your posting. Do you have a special request using drag and drop? Or, would you simply agree to the feature suggested above?

Best wishes
Susanne

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Susanne Sitzler
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Wish List