This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

comments and cites in floating window

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

comments and cites in floating window

Postby b1azk0 » 2015-08-05 09:31

Hi there,
just a thought - I noticed that while reading and commenting an article (im always in single window view) the current two window scheme is a bit distracting. It would be great if a floating window could be set as default - just like alt+enter but within a single pdf view.

best regards
b1azk0

Re: comments and cites in floating window

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2015-08-05 12:56

Hi, b1azko0,

I'm not entirely sure if I understood your description completely. Would you like to have the PDF preview in which you can make the annotations in a separate window? You can achieve this by opening another window for the current project (Window > New window for this project) and clicking the following icon in the top right corner of the window:

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby b1azk0 » 2015-08-05 19:51

Hmmm, I still think that what I meant is not possible.

Here, let me explain with pictures.

Let's assume I use double windows (thanks for the hint, I didn't notice it) and look at something like this:

When i click to make a reference, my main window slips itself to this:

And this is the part I find distracting.
What would better could look this way (one can open a seperate cite window, but can't set that action as a default one) :

Or,ideally:

Let me know if I it's clear now and whether or not it would be possible.
Best regards,
blazko
b1azk0

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2015-08-06 14:16

Hi, blazko,

thank you for the screenshots and the clarification. This is indeed not possible at the moment. I've filed a feature request for our developers. I can't make any promises, however, if or when we'll be able to implement this.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Return to Wish List