This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Allow user to manually "check" used Knowledge Item in Word Topic is solved

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Allow user to manually "check" used Knowledge Item in Word

Postby ethno » 2015-06-03 21:46

Hi. In the Word Add-In (using Office 2013) under the Knowledge tab, I can access my Categories and Knowledge Items associated with them. As I "use" items by embedding their associated reference information as a citation field in the document (and/or the associated quotation), I note that they are given a small green "check" beside their Knowledge tab entry. This is good, as I am then reasonably confident that I have "dealt" with that particular item (i.e., given it my attention and incorporated what I had originally thought useful about it when I created the item).

Sometimes, however, I want to simply consider the item and move on. In some cases, the item isn't even a quotation (and thus has no need to have its reference information inserted). Thus, there is no way to have such an item "checked" as I go. Basically, what I'm saying is that it would be very helpful to have a way to MANUALLY mark a Knowledge Item as "used" or otherwise no longer being considered in the particular document that I'm working on. As it stands, right now, I have some items that I've skipped over b/c I'm not yet sure how/if I will incorporate them but I'm still interested in and others that I'm basically now sure that I don't need. I don't want to remove them from the Citavi project in some way (by going back to Citavi and removing them, for example, from the associated category) as I may use them in another document, but I DO want to be able to effectively keep track of their status in the particular document. It could be just another green check ... but, if possible, a "red" check (for example) could say "I'm not needing that one in this document." Other ones that I use (but are not, again, added into the document's references via a citation) could be given a green check just as the others. It really doesn't matter so long as the user has some control.

Thanks,

Brian
ethno

Re: Allow user to manually "check" used Knowledge Item in Wo  Topic is solved

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2015-06-04 10:19

Hi Brian,

Thanks very much for your suggestion and the detailed description for why you would like this feature! I can see this being useful for other people who like to work this way as well and will add the feature to our wish list.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Wish List