This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Other reference types

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Other reference types

Postby sb2015 » 2015-05-02 20:59

I had the idea to put all of my own work and experience into citavi for a quick CV maker. However, there are not adequate citation options for things such as grants and study visits; citing a conference presentation is a bit tricky as well but seems to work as a "Lecture".

Perhaps other clients would like to have a CV creator as part of the citavi experience. Much of the information is duplicated as it is. Grants, study visits, Education, and Work experience would be the main additions needed.

Alternatively, is there a way to create your own reference categories that I have missed?

Thank you
sb2015

Re: Other reference types

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2015-05-04 13:34

Hi sb2015,

Thanks for your question! If you present at a conference and your paper was not published in the conference proceedings, Lecture is the best reference type to use. If you're citing a paper that was printed in the conference proceedings, it's best to use Contribution in Conference Proceedings since you can then include publication information.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to create your own reference types. While you could use the Unknown reference type to enter grants and study visits, you'd likely have to modify the citation style a fair amount to get the output you want. Citavi isn't really designed with this use case in mind. I can see the value of also storing CV information in Citavi, though, and I'll go ahead and add this as a suggestion to our wish list. Since it is a bit outside of our main scope, I can't guarantee that we'll add CV creation features to Citavi, although I think it's an interesting idea.

Many thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Wish List