This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Import assistant in a Pop-up window Topic is solved

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Import assistant in a Pop-up window

Postby shenri » 2015-03-18 03:30

Dear Citavi's Developers.

Sometimes, we have to manually import information from sources such as PDFs and web pages. The number of CTRL C, ALT-TAB and CTRL V comes to be exhaustive.The concept of an "export window" (such as the Export Assistant) of references is simply brilliant - especially when there is not a perfect integration with Citavi. I believe this same idea can be easily implemented also for imports. I draw this concept below:

All the best.
Attachments
Citavi Interface2.png
shenri

Re: Import assistant in a Pop-up window  Topic is solved

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2015-03-18 13:33

Hello, shenri

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm not entirely sure if I fully understand your idea. Is this "import window" you suggest a small window that floats on top of other windows and lets you enter bibliographic data?

If so, I believe Citavi has something even better. When adding bibliographic data by hand for a printed document you can always use the "full" Citavi window. If, however, your document is an electronic one, you could use the Citavi Picker. Not only does it directly import the file directly into your project, in many cases you also get most of the relevant bibliographic data fully automatically.

The only scenario I could see for the window you suggest is entering data from a list of references from an article or book you read in your PDF viewer. But for this you could use the import function for formatted lists of references.

Best regards
Sebastian
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Return to Wish List