This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Full Screen Embedded PDF Reader, Import PDF "entities" Topic is solved

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Full Screen Embedded PDF Reader, Import PDF "entities"  Topic is solved

Postby shenri » 2015-03-17 19:09

Hello again!

The Citavi 5 brought significant improvements for reading/editing PDF. However, I feel the lack of a cleaner interface to read the files with all the program's potential and some functions like:
Note: I identified the CITAVI 5 is using PDFTron. Based on this premise, I raised some functions that can be easily implemented and will bring a significant improvement in the use of the program.

- The ability to read the PDF in full screen with all the tools built by CITAVI. (The most that I can get from a clean interface for reading the PDF is as follows attached.)
- The ability to directly import the comments and emphasis made by other PDF readers. (Extract and render PDF layers (also known as Optional Content Groups, or OCGs), Ability to remove or modify/edit existing PDF layers OCGs; Full access to marked content (e.g. used in tagged PDF documents to preserve logical structure or to mark transparency groups); Full access to page form fields and annotations)
- Compression of PDF files to decrease the database.( PDFNet supports all basic and advanced compression filters allowed in PDF including:JPEG2000, JBIG2, CCITT Fax, Flate/PNG, JPEG/DCT, Crypt Filters)

All the best,
Attachments
FullScreen.jpg
shenri

Re: Full Screen Embedded PDF Reader, Import PDF "entities"

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2015-03-18 11:34

Hello shenri,

Thank you very much for your remarks.
The first feature you mentioned is already on our wish list, we do not know though when (or if) we are going to implement it.

The second feature is quite complex, because it is only possible to show either all or no layers. We do not know if it is possible to include all the possibilities that can be added in a PDF editor.

The third feature is probably not going to be implemented, because the PDF files are not saved in the database. They are saved in the file system. We rather go for maximum compatibility.

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Postby onurengin » 2015-08-04 10:13

I'm curious if you still consider to implement the full screen feature into Citavi.

Thanks.

All the best,
onurengin

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2015-08-04 10:46

Hello, onurengin,

the feature's still on our list but at the moment developing the web-based version of Citavi has highest priority. So I can't make any promises that we'll be implementing this feature any time soon.

Kind regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby piotrsmolnicki » 2015-10-13 22:55

Dear Friends,

I would like to add another wishes according to the main one:
-"text wide zoom" - this helps reading PDF more comfortable when another panel is opened;
-"website article clean view and export" - this helps to read and save web page without surrounding (e.g. advertisement, menu etc.).

I can use Instapaper, Pocket, Readability or Evernote Clearly (I hope you use at least one of these tools) but it creates wrong reference address, which is improper for Citavi use, of course. :)
piotrsmolnicki

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2015-10-14 09:25

Dear Piotr,

Thanks for your additional suggestions! I've added your request for websites to the wish list. I must confess that I didn't entirely understand the "text wide zoom" feature you'd like. Could you please explain it in a bit more detail?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby piotrsmolnicki » 2015-10-16 23:38

Dear Jennifer,

By "text wide zoom" I mean the same like in MS Word zoom to text (without margins - in Word it saves the place making work more comfortable in one screen - especially working with Citavi Plugin). I see this option in Citavi preview pane also :)
The problem are websites - that's why I suggested the ability of "article cleaning" (removing everything around like applications I mentioned before)

Best Regards,
Piotr Smolnicki
piotrsmolnicki

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2015-10-19 08:42

Dear Piotr,

Thanks for the additional explanation! I've added this feature to our wish list.

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Wish List