Remove some pages in pdf

Suggest features and improvements here. We always strive for the best!

Remove some pages in pdf

Postby Jeff_Leger » 2017-03-24 08:28

Dear,

Some pdfs contain blank or unnecessary pages (usually at the begining or the end).
Could you add a feature to remove them?

Some pdfs (or some pages inside pdfs) need to be rotated. Could you add a feature to do that?
As a suggestion, you could clone PDF-XChange Viewer: see Document>Rotate pages (but the current page should be the dialog default, in my view).

Kind regards,

Jeff
Jeff_Leger

Re: Remove some pages in pdf

Postby Jana Votteler » 2017-03-24 11:54

Dear Jeff,

thank you very much for your suggestions.

We are striving to improve the PDF features in Citavi.
However, as we are currently busy with the development of Citavi Web, useful features like for PDF handling have to stand in line.

As a workaround, you could edit the PDF with a PDF software (like PDF-XChange Viewer) or an online tool.

Kind regards,
Jana

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Jana Votteler
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Daniel Mönch » 2017-07-18 19:54

I recommend "PDFsam Basic" (stands for "split and merge") to you. It is an open source project (although, their website tries to sell you the pro version, so don't fall for that) that I use regularly for extracting specific pages.

You can split and merge pdfs in various ways and you can extract and rotate pages.
I usually use it to extract only the needed article from a proceedings pdf or something alike.
Daniel Mönch

Postby jay-squared » 2017-07-18 22:23

I installed pdftk for Windows, and now have a bunch of bash scripts that does that.
jay-squared
Citavi Expert

Return to Wish List