Creation of links to saved literature in Citavi

Schlagen Sie neue Funktionen vor. Wir sind gespannt auf Ihre Wünsche.

Creation of links to saved literature in Citavi

Postby jlueders » 2017-04-20 14:58

Dear all,

since online documentation for researchers is a growing field and citavi is and hopefully stays one of the best literature management tools, it would be great to combine these two.

For example, using one note, i would like to create hyperlinks that will open the according document in citavi (when citavi is already running). Alternatively, just citation within tools like one note would be lovely. It should be possible somehow, since some competitor can already be integrated via a makro, but unfortunately i don´t know c# and am not able to write such a thing.

Is there any way this is possible?

Best wishes!
jlueders

Re: Creation of links to saved literature in Citavi

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2017-04-24 13:10

Hi, jlueders,

there is currently no easy and comfortable way of achieving this. Although Citavi is, as you already mentioned, extendable through C#, a function like this is rather complicated. You'd need a function in Citavi that creates unique links for each reference and some kind of server run from within Citavi that is able to parse these links when clicked.

Still, it's a feature that is on our internal wishlist and is probably more easily realised once there is a web version of Citavi. I can't make any promises, however, if or when we can implement this feature.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Wunschliste