This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Can't install Citavi

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Can't install Citavi

Postby lavaever » 2017-12-08 10:54

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.7, Windows 10, English, Edge, MS Office 2016, - ]

I encounter an issue while installing Citavi on my laptop. The error message jumped out in a box during installation and after I clicked on ok the installation terminated itself. Please advise what to do. Thank you!
The error message is as follow:
"Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action ValidateRunningProcessesInstallCA, entry: m8, library: ....

Re: Can't install Citavi

Postby Damien Reddy » 2017-12-08 15:13

Thank you for your inquiry.

There are several possible causes to this error, which are not directly related to Citavi.

Please try the following solutions:

- Run Windows Update and install all of the Important updates.

- Check your hard drive for errors.

- Follow these solutions outlined in our Knowledge Base.

- Review the solutions outlined in the Microsoft forum post Get Error 1723 - There is a problem with Windows Installer package

Kind regards,

Did we answer your question to your satisfaction? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find solutions to their questions.
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)