This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Transfering records between projects

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Transfering records between projects

Postby Stanstak » 2017-11-30 12:11

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.7, Mac with Windows 7 or 8.x, English, Google Chrome, MS Office 2013/365 64Bit, - ]

I have an important question to make. Is there any possibility to transfer part of the entires made in one project (one citavi file) to the other one? I could use that feature because I have quite big general database, but working on a specific project I would like to have only the things I need for that project.

Or is it possible just to megre two databases (entries collected in one citavi file) into one? Or I need to manually reentry every title, quotation, note etc. from one project to the another.

Would greatly aappreciate the help
best regards

Re: Transfering records between projects

Postby Sonja_Schwab » 2017-11-30 13:12

Hi Stanislaw,

it is possible to copy or transfer a title from one Citavi project to another. You find that option under References -> Copy or move to a Citavi project
Copy reference.jpg

You can move single references or any selection for references you like.

Kind regards
Citavi Expert

Re: Transfering records between projects

Postby Damien Reddy » 2017-11-30 16:20

Dear Stanislaw,

Thank you for your inquiry.

As Sonja already correctly explained, the basic procedure is to copy the references from the source projects into the one project you want to keep (usually, you'll merge smaller libraries into the bigger destination project). Please follow the instructions in our manual.

Best regards,

Did we answer your question to your satisfaction? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find solutions to their questions.
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)