This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Report or Gray Literature not showing year / BibTeX

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Report or Gray Literature not showing year / BibTeX

Postby pabloevia » 2017-11-02 11:30

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.7, Windows 8.x, German, Google Chrome, TeX-Editor, Acrobat DC ]

Hi,
I am usig Citavi to export my bibliography to a BibTeX file, to load it with my LaTeX editor (I use the publication assistant to insert the references in the text). I have a problem in the bibliography, when I use the category "Report or Gray literature". I cannot find the way of getting the year in the references part, despite the fact that the reference in Citavi contains the year in the field "Date/Year".

I figure out to change it in the BibTeX file, changing the field from "date" to "year", but I was wondering if there is a way of doing this in Citavi directly, without recurring to edit the BibTeX file?

thanks a lot!
pabloevia

Re: Report or Gray Literature not showing year / BibTeX

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2017-11-02 13:38

Hi, pabloevia

the BibTeX export in Citavi is almost fully customizable. That means, that you can assign another BibTeX field for the date for each document type.

In the export dialog please click BibTeX export definition. Check if Report or gray literature is mapped to the correct BibTeX document type. Click Next and select Report or gray literature in the drop down list. Enter the BibTeX field name (i.e. year) next to Date / Year. And proceed with Next.

You can save this adapted export under a new name and use this export in the future. The fields will then be mapped correctly.

Best regards
Sebastian

Wurde Ihre Frage vollständig beantwortet? Bitte klicken Sie auf das grüne Häkchen (= Antwort akzeptieren) oben rechts in meiner Antwort. Andere Forenbenutzer können sich dann leichter orientieren, wenn sie auf der Suche nach einer Lösung sind.
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby pabloevia » 2017-11-02 16:40

Hi Sebastian,
Great, thanks. It worked well. Just one more question: if I want to add a category that I want to show in the references list, as "mimeo" or "working paper" in the "Report and Gray Literature" category, which field should I check/modify? thanks again!

Pablo
pabloevia

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2017-11-03 09:29

Hi, Pablo,

I'm not entirely sure what your goal is. Would you like to group your bibliography in BibTeX? Or do you need an additional field that appears for every entry in your list of references? Could you perhaps give a short example? Thanks.

Best regards
Sebastian
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby pabloevia » 2017-11-03 09:41

Hi Sebastian,
Thanks for the response. What I need to know is: is there a field in the "report or gray literature" category, which I can personalize?. For example, one of my references could be a working paper or a report from an organization. I need to specify this (for each reference), and that this is showed in the bibliography of my document. For example, a reference should be listed like this:

Bourguignon, F. 2004. The Poverty-Growth-Inequality Triangle. World Bank. Washington DC. (mimeo). The entry in Citavi is like this:

https://ibb.co/bVYaTG[/img]

But in my bibliography it appears like this:

https://ibb.co/iKZFTG[/img]

Thanks in advance for your help.
pabloevia

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2017-11-03 10:17

Hi, Pablo,

to achieve this you'll need to modify your BibTeX bibliography style or use a BibTeX field for your export that your style makes use of. As the BibTeX bibliography styles are not managed by Citavi, we can't provide support on how to achieve this. Which \bibliographystyle do you use in your document?

Best regards
Sebastian
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby pabloevia » 2017-11-03 10:25

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the answer. I am using \bibliographystyle{chicago}.

Regards,

Pablo
pabloevia

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2017-11-03 11:13

Hi, Pablo

chicago.bst doesn't make use of the series field for the @misc document type:

Code: Select all
FUNCTION {misc}
{ output.bibitem
  format.authors output
  author format.key output            % added
  output.year.check                   % added
  title howpublished new.block.checkb
  format.title output
  new.block
  howpublished output
  new.block
  note output
  fin.entry
}

Best regards
Sebastian

Wurde Ihre Frage vollständig beantwortet? Bitte klicken Sie auf das grüne Häkchen (= Antwort akzeptieren) oben rechts in meiner Antwort. Andere Forenbenutzer können sich dann leichter orientieren, wenn sie auf der Suche nach einer Lösung sind.
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby pabloevia » 2017-11-09 12:01

Thanks Sebastian, I solved it.
pabloevia

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)