This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

A few questions - returning to Citavi after a long break

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

A few questions - returning to Citavi after a long break

Postby Empathy » 2017-09-21 07:10

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.0-5.6, Windows 10, English, Google Chrome, MS Office 2013/365 64Bit, Acrobat DC ]

Hi everyone,

I used Citavi for a few months but then went on Internship for the past year where I didn't use it. Now I am back to working on my dissertation and trying to get back into it. Of course there is a new version, an I updated mine. I have a few questions that I hope you can help me with.

- When I open my dissertation in Word, is there a way of seeing which Citavi project it was last connected with? I found two projects that have around the same number of references but neither has one of the references in my document which I think the latest one should have had. I have multiple hard drives so it would really help me to know the name of the project before I do more searches.

- In Word how do I even know my dissertation is actively connected to a Citavi project, like if it's connected to the project I have open at the same time. Is there something I need to do to actively link the two, and if so, what do I need to do? And if I then open another project, it won't interfere, true?

- Finally, there was an update and I downloaded it. It keeps telling me that it will update upon close but it doesn't update. I have clicked on Install Update multiple times, it shuts Citavi down, and when I open it again, it's the same version. Do I need to do anything else to get it to update? Here is a screenshot of what the window I am using looks like.

Thank you for any help!!
Empathy
Empathy

Re: A few questions - returning to Citavi after a long break

Postby Sonja_Schwab » 2017-09-21 10:19

Hello Empathy,

The Citavi Word AddIn should show you which project is linked with your word dokument.
AddIn_1.jpg

The AddIn is either visible on the side of your word document when you open it, or if not - select the Citavi tab on top of your word document. If you "Click here to start Citavi" the correct project should open.

If you already have the correct project open when you start word, your document should automatically connect with your project.
AddIn_2.jpg

You can have several projects open at the same time, but only one project ever should be connected with your word document. You cannot start your document with one project and then switch to another.

Regarding the update I am afraid I cannot give you much advise there, apart from the usual question if you have the appropiate rights on the computer you are working with.
You may also want to try not to use the update button in Citavi but download the installation file directly from here.
I am sure the Citavi Support Team will be able to tell you more about that issue.

Kind regards
Sonja
Sonja_Schwab
Citavi Expert

Re: A few questions - returning to Citavi after a long break

Postby Damien Reddy » 2017-09-21 16:14

Dear Empathy,

Thank you for your inquiry.

As Sonja already correctly pointed out, please try and download the setup file from our website to install the update.

Kind regards,
Damien

Did we answer your question to your satisfaction? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find solutions to their questions.
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)